Rewrite depth buffer detection algorithm

• NoMansReshade
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1 by NoMansReshade Rewrite depth buffer detection algorithm was created by NoMansReshade
Hello, it's been awhile since I last posted... I was just wondering if it would be useful to consider rewriting the depth buffer detection algorithm. By looking at the supported games page, you can clearly see that a lot of games have no depth buffer access. As Crosire replied to a related question from awhile back: "The values in there are currently chosen in a way that works well in most cases. But for some games they need to be different. For some games this way of detection will probably never work at all."

With that said, would perusing another detection method be out of the question? Depth-buffer access is crucial for so many great effects. It's ashame we're not able to use them on a very large portion of games. A rewrite would likely be necessary, but you could also create a "PreprocessorDefinition" for different detection methods. I don't see any downside to doing so. Thank you for your time :)
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by NoMansReshade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, Exilium

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Rewrite depth buffer detection algorithm
Feel free to write a better heuristic :) the values crosire mentioned are most likely those arbitrary control numbers in the current heuristic.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Marty McFly.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Rewrite depth buffer detection algorithm
I have tried to do this for the game Shadow Warrior 2. I was able to get a Depth Buffer to show.
But, It was oversized and all wrong. I don't have enough knowledge to change it purely on my own. I would need some help.

I was thinking the same thing to have more of a manual detection.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.