Multi preset

• Chavolatra
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #1 by Chavolatra Multi preset was created by Chavolatra
i have sugestion for make multi presets in reshade for switch more creates presets.

It is open possibility for make one preset for day more one morning and last for night.

Create hotkey for switch for presets and simulate times of day with multi presets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Multi preset
You can already have LUT's that switch with a hotkey.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• crosire
More
6 years 7 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Multi preset
You can create multiple presets in the in-game UI as well. There is no way to bind them to a hotkey in the moment though, so you have to switch them via the dropdown menu.

• Chavolatra
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #4 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Multi preset
and no have possibility implements hotkey for this ??

• bluechipps
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #5 by bluechipps Replied by bluechipps on topic Multi preset
Actually it is possible, but requires a bit of work. I did this because I had 2 different profiles that I wanted to compare easily in different situations. You'll have to first make a copy of all of your shaders. You can rename them to Shader2.fx or just leave them as Shader - Copy.fx. Then you have to go into each one and change the name of the technique. It is almost always at the bottom of the shader file and its the line that starts with the word "technique". Rename each one to have a number 2 after it. Now go into the first profile ini file, and set all the shaders that are listed on the line that starts with "Techniques=" to the same keybind. You can do that part in-game if you want just make sure they are all turned on also. Now go into the second profile ini file and find the "Techniques" line and add a number 2 to the end of each of the shaders listed. Then copy that list and paste it at the end of the one in the first profile... so it would be like "Techniques=Vibrance,Tonemap,Vibrance2,Tonemap2". Then set all of them to the same exact keybind as well that you used in profile 1. Everything will use the same keybind. Then in profile 2 change the name of each shader's settings section (its in brackets [ ]) to include a 2 also... [Vibrance2.fx]. Copy all the [name2.fx] sections from profile 2 into profile 1. Do NOT add the names of the shaders from profile 2 to the "Techniques=" list.

That should do it. Now when in-game if setup properly, pressing that keybind should simultaneously disable all of profile 1 shaders while enabling all of profile 2s shaders. It might sound like a lot of work but once you understand the process, it will all make sense and not be too bad. This methods has a nice side-effect of alphabetically ordering all of the shader's settings in the lower portion of the GUI. This makes it easy to adjust Shader.fx and Shader2.fx settings side by side while in game, aka the ability to test a single shader against itself via a hotkey :)

edit: Of course this entire process becomes infinitely easier if you know how to use a text editor to "Replace in files". For example, target a folder with a copy of all your shaders and replace any occurrence of ".fx" with "2.fx" and so forth.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by bluechipps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SandyCheeks

• Chavolatra
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #6 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Multi preset
nice dont know this but native implemets in reshade is more better and for users with download my presets need hotkey because is more easy

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 5 months ago #7 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic Multi preset
Yes, that would be wonderful! Sometimes I have different settings for the same game: day, night, interiors, exteriors, and now that I have an HDM, I think it more immersive to "zoom in" image (losing FOV) on Polymonial Barrel.
It would be great if it were possible to use keyboard numbers change between different settings.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.