Settings Files Switching

• FYKC
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by FYKC Settings Files Switching was created by FYKC
Would it be possible to implement the ability to switch between different sweetfx/mastereffects/etc settings files via hotkey ingame? For example, x game has separate levels with distinct visual appearances, and if someone wanted to create separate sweetfx setting for each level they would have to manually rename files to load each different setting file. This person would have to minimize the game each time a new level loaded while playing to do this as well. It would be much simpler to be able to instead bind different settings files to hotkeys so all anyone would need to do is just press a button to load a new preset. How likely would it be for that to be implemented?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Settings Files Switching
Hardly, since the concept of settings files doesn't really exist from ReShade's view. It can load a shader, configuration is implemented by the author of that shader and there are different ways to achieve it. I don't see where this can be generalized.
I think there was a little script for SweetFX at least which was capable of switching the settings file via hotkeys, not sure where that one can be found though.

• FYKC
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic Settings Files Switching
That's a bummer but not a big deal.

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic Settings Files Switching
as a proof of concept... I set up Windows FTP Server pointing to my games directory and then launched an FTP Client on my iPad.

i can then edit the text file on my iPad, save, and the shader recompiles itself... without needing to alt+tab out of the game at all.

now anyone with a lot of time on their hands might be able to make a remote settings editor ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, FYKC

• Mobeeuz
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #5 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Settings Files Switching
This can be accomplished with Autohotkey pretty easily. Using this code, simply copy the compiled EXE to the game folder and name your sweetfx files:

SweetFX_Settings1.txt
SweetFX_Settings2.txt
SweetFX_Settings3.txt
SweetFX_Settings4.txt

http://pastebin.com/kmhZ7B6d
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Mobeeuz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmp909

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic Settings Files Switching
I'm assuming you could do a search/replace on just MasterEffect.h file as well to replace eg
#define USE_TONEMAP 1
with
#define USE_TONEMAP 0
and vice versa
StringReplace, OutputVar, InputVar, SearchText [, ReplaceText, ReplaceAll?]

• Mobeeuz
More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Settings Files Switching
If you only wanted to switch a single line from 0 to 1, sure, but you are probably tweaking the values within those registers which would require a ridiculous amount of coding and maintenance.

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 month ago - 8 years 5 months ago #8 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic Settings Files Switching
[update: please see reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/371-a...for-toggling-effects ]
thanks to Mobeeuz for showing me how to do this

(@Mobeeuz, this is the first time I've looked at AHK, so any suggestions for improvement welcome... particularly I didn't like having to delete the file before rewriting it; a better way would have probably to have done some kind of seek & write)

---

Hi,

yes you're right sorry. I just realised I was actually answering Honeyball's question from another thread

"I know, but I would love to have key binding with single effects. Not just all off, just a few"

ok this will do it.. but note it does delete and recreate your file (couldn't work out overwrite specifically)
AutoHotKey script: pastebin.com/qfkpQsXn (place in your game directory)

I read the file, find the relevant line, look for the number next to it (excluding extra spaces), if it's a 0 replace it with 1 and vice versa, then rewrite the file. I guess reading in as a whole string isok, it's not that big a file.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.