Add extra fields to Games Compatibility

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #1 by robgrab Add extra fields to Games Compatibility was created by robgrab
I'm noticing a LOT of people encountering "problems" with Reshade not working with a particular game when that same EXACT question has been answered numerous times through other forum posts. I know it can be hard sometimes to parse through the forums to find the exact answer you're looking for when a game isn't working. I always start by using "Search" and if I can't find it that way I spend a lot of time looking through each individual post. Not only is it time consuming but it often ends up at a dead end.

My suggestion would be to expand the Compatibility List to include additional fields and specific installation information. For instance someone recently said the Witcher 3 wasn't working for them, and I remembered having the same problem because it already has a dxgi.dll in the game directory, but I couldn't remember how I finally got it to work. I've also run into special cases where you have to load Reshade in other places besides the main game folder. I remember another case of Marvel Hereos not letting me save my presets because it required admin rights to the game folder. Sometimes it's just hard to find the game executable because there's other executables in the same folder.

HERE is an example of a Google Doc spreadsheet I reference for looking up HBAO+ flags for a particular game. The addition of a Reference tab could link directly to the forum post that answers a particular problem. I think something like this would go a long way towards troubleshooting common problems and ease the burden on crosire and Marty, etc from having to play tech support to answer the same question over and over. Anyway, just a thought.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by robgrab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andarael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Add extra fields to Games Compatibility
There is the "Additional Notes" field which already contains such information for some games, but it's very selective right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.