Add ability to group tweak-able settings in the UI

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #1 by TreyM Add ability to group tweak-able settings in the UI was created by TreyM
Currently, AFAIK, there doesn't seem to be a way to group shader controls. If would be very nice if we could specify labeled dividers (the same way we setup a bool, int, float, etc) in the shader file, so that we could group shader controls into sections. For example:

Obviously the current setup is on the left, and my mock-up is on the right.
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by TreyM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The0roboroSpace, AssassinsDecree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AssassinsDecree
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #2 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic Add ability to group tweak-able settings in the UI
Sorry to go off topic, but is that shader you use in you demonstration something we can actually get right now? Looks incredible. Also, it's me TheMercsAssassin, hi Trey :)

Thanks!

Fully support your suggestion, btw.

Cheers

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #3 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Add ability to group tweak-able settings in the UI
It's for an upcoming GTA V ReShade config, called CINEMVTIC. (Cinematic)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

• crosire
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Add ability to group tweak-able settings in the UI
Done. ( github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/b2b0c5...643450c37145f0f20a7c )

Controllable via new "ui_category" annotation. You need to manually sort the variables by category in the shader file though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TreyM

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #5 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Add ability to group tweak-able settings in the UI
FANTASTIC! Thanks so much!

• AssassinsDecree
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #6 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic Add ability to group tweak-able settings in the UI
OMG, you're doing a GTAV project?! Gonna make me reinstall that game. Do you foresee releasing the shader separately once you're done? I don't expect the answer is 'yes', but can't hurt to ask, right :)

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #7 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Add ability to group tweak-able settings in the UI
It's not "mine" really. It's a combination of existing ReShade shaders into a single shader with more intuitive controls.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.