Shift + Right click to reset UI variable

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #1 by TreyM Shift + Right click to reset UI variable was created by TreyM
Not sure how simple this is to do, but could something be implemented via a combo input (such as shift + right click or anything else tbh) to reset a UI variable to shader default?

If it's inefficient to read the shader after compilation, perhaps the default values could be stored in the user saved ini alongside the modified values. I'm not sure since I'm not really any kind of programmer.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by TreyM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Shift + Right click to reset UI variable
This isn't easy to do and would require some ugly hacks I'd much rather avoid. ReShade doesn't preserve defaults. They are gone as soon as you change the value.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TreyM

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Shift + Right click to reset UI variable
:( That's too bad. I have an HSL shader setup here that cries every time I have to reset the values.

• Durante_
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #4 by Durante_ Replied by Durante_ on topic Shift + Right click to reset UI variable
@TreyM Where did you get this HSL shader? Could you share it, please? It seems amazing!
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Durante_.

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Shift + Right click to reset UI variable
It was written by my friend kingeric1992. I'll see about getting him to release it.

• Fu-Bama
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #6 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic Shift + Right click to reset UI variable

TreyM wrote: :( That's too bad. I have an HSL shader setup here that cries every time I have to reset the values.

Warning: Spoiler!

Maybe you could put default value info in ui_label name? Like "Red (default #BF4040)"
Just an idea
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Fu-Bama.

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #7 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Shift + Right click to reset UI variable
That's already been done. it's not ideal, and that isn't the point. It's still a massive pain to reset every single value.

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #8 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Shift + Right click to reset UI variable

Durante_ wrote: @TreyM Where did you get this HSL shader? Could you share it, please? It seems amazing!

The shader has now been released here: Advanced HSL Shifting

• seri14
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #9 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Shift + Right click to reset UI variable
As an alternative, it can solve by 2 changes.
  1. Clarify that ReShade does not save completely disabled effect settings

(checked MagicDOF)
    Techniques=MagicDOF
    [DOF.fx]
    <<EOF
    (unchecked MagicDOF)
    Techniques=
    <<EOF
  2. at load preset, ignore the disabled effect settings
disable technique. press the reload button.

more information: Changed technique settings to be initializable for each effect
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by seri14.

• crosire
More
5 years 5 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Shift + Right click to reset UI variable
Link for pull request which adds support for this (for tracking purpose): github.com/crosire/reshade/pull/64
The following user(s) said Thank You: OtisInf

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.