Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Download current shaders for install update

Download current shaders for install update 6 months 6 days ago #1

This relates more to the installer than Reshare itself. On install, if a previous install exists, there is no way to update only the current shaders present. I am under the impression that the shaders are getting periodic updates too, so it could be as simple as offering to download shaders from website (as it currently does), then auto-selecting the currently enabled shaders. I usually narrow down the few that I want, then delete the rest from a given install so I don't have to scroll through all the configs for the 35 other shaders...

Thanks for the great product and constant updates!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Download current shaders for install update 6 months 6 days ago #2

The installer fetches the shaders from this github repository.
If you want to bulk update the entire folder, just download the entire list as zip file and put them where your current shaders are.

Download current shaders for install update 6 months 6 days ago #3

Thanks for the info McFly, but that is essentially the same as having the installer do it.

I don't want to download all the shaders, just make sure the shaders I am using in an established ("finished") config are up to date when I update ReShade.

This could come from the shaders that are enabled in the [yourgamehere].ini config file, or from the shaders actually in the shaders folder. Either would work for me.

Then it can be as simple as selecting just those in the download list of the installer as opposed to all checked or all unchecked. Lazier than that, just tell me which ones I have and I can check/uncheck them, but it's a PITA and ruins the convenience of the installer when I have to follow up by going to the install folder and manually adding updates, or deleting unneeded shaders etc.

Download current shaders for install update 5 months 4 weeks ago #4

With the next update the window which lets you choose the effects to install will have only those effects pre-checked that were previously installed (if there was an existing installation).

github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/296af0...91cdc0e41dd7ff2ecc70
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, AssassinsDecree

Download current shaders for install update 5 months 2 weeks ago #5

Perfecto. Just tried it out and works as expected, thank you for the help!

Download current shaders for install update 5 months 1 week ago #6

One issue I didn't notice before (maybe not related to this change directly). I can't say for sure this happened on the last update, or 3.3.0. Maybe has been fixed already?

The entries for Shader path and Texture path were duplicated, one with "*\shader" and "*\Shader" other "*\texture" and "*\Texture". This caused each shader to load twice. The actual folders are "S" and "T", and I'm assuming that is default install. I deleted the duplicate entries and everything good, so should be easy fix.

Reshade 3.3.2.289 in Win7.