Help text area for shaders

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by OtisInf Help text area for shaders was created by OtisInf
Hey Crosire,

is it perhaps an idea to add the possibility to add some help text to a shader outside of the tooltips? I could of course add a dummy control which says "Hover me for help" and add the help there, which is a bit crude and cumbersome, especially if the help text is bigger than the screen, so I'd like to add the help text for my shaders elsewhere so I can add more text, perhaps even a picture if that's possible (no deal breaker). The thing is that with my cinematic dof shader people have sometimes problems getting to the results they want and adding wads of text to the tooltips kind of sucks too.

With other shaders it is sometimes the question what some controls actually do, or how to get to interesting results, a bit of help might go a long way.

If you think this is better in some sort of wiki where you can link to in the shader, that's fine too (altho reacting to a link in code usually results in opening the url as a process through windows which is kind of a security problem for some people).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 8 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Help text area for shaders
I have plans to add an annotation to techniques that lets you add some info to effects, which could be used for help text as well.

• OtisInf
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #3 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Help text area for shaders
That sounds great! :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.