Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?

• lukonja
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #1 by lukonja Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa? was created by lukonja
This has already been discussed, and answer is NO.
You can use DSR from Nvidia panel, its much easier...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nerd
More
5 years 6 months ago #2 by Nerd Replied by Nerd on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
GDS was super useful to me since I like playing in windowed mode and because I have a 16:10 display. Aside from built in supersampling options, you can't downsample in windowed mode. The texture replacement stuff was nice too, or the occasional per-game HUD toggle.

• thalixte
More
5 years 6 months ago #3 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?

Nerd wrote: GDS was super useful to me since I like playing in windowed mode and because I have a 16:10 display. Aside from built in supersampling options, you can't downsample in windowed mode. The texture replacement stuff was nice too, or the occasional per-game HUD toggle.

You can try with SpecialK, if the game is compatible with it...

• JBeckman
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #4 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
It doesn't do traditional downsampling though but it can be used to toggle the UI shaders in most games which is what I've been using it for with some generic tweaks to D3D and some other bits that it supports. :)

For desktop downsampling I use Hotkey Resolution Control or HRC for short and then I just toggle between VSR (AMD GPU here.) and native via that before starting the game, Win10 will interfere the first time and try to use 150% to 200% DPI scaling which you need to tell it to stop by setting it back or the game will be 50% to 100% zoomed up or all kinds of wack but then it works just fine.

Prefer borderless for multi-tasking and also stability, AMD GPU's never really seem to recover as gracefully due to differences in how they TDR so it's black screen and hard reset if it's from exclusive fullscreen.
(Even if it does happen and recovers a reboot is strongly recomended or the GPU will generally stick to default or fail safe mode and might not fully stabilize until re-initialized.)

For NVIDIA I don't know how that works currently, from what I'm hearing it's anything from just a flash and stuff working anyway other than Windows going crazy logging and dumping whatever it can because oh noes error! Or it will just cause the software to crash but then carry on as usual without needing a full OS restart.
Though that can also happen if it doesn't recover from TDR gracefully or it crashes in a more direct way. (BSOD, which happens on both NVIDIA and AMD sometimes also induced by driver quirks but I believe for NVIDIA that was mostly Gears of War 4 under DX12 and it's been fixed for a while now.)

EDIT: SpecialK has a learning curve to it though and documentation has been on the back burner for a while, latest developments surrounds generic HDR support for compatible games such as where the devs might support it on console but not PC or only for one API or it might be using a different mode or have other flaws which can be more customized via SpecialK. (I don't have the hardware for it myself though but from what I am seeing it's a pretty impressive feature.)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by JBeckman.

• lowenz
More
5 years 5 months ago #5 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?

lukonja wrote: This has already been discussed, and answer is NO.
You can use DSR from Nvidia panel, its much easier...

Main issue of DSR is that is working only for 1 resolution, the monitor's native one.

• canceralp
More
5 years 5 months ago #6 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
Has anyone with VSR/DSR tried editing the registry, through Regedit? Just enable VSR/DSR then search for DALNonStandardBCD1 key in Regedit and type your desired resolution and refresh rate then restart your driver.

I added 2688*1520 which is 2x SSAA.

• JBeckman
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #7 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
That or using CRU works pretty well although VSR is limited to a maximum as determined by your GPU, usually 3840x2160 up to 5120x2880 for the newest GPU models.

For DSR I know there was a unlocker allowing up to 40x instead of 4x (2x2) but I don't know if it's compatible with the newest 400 series drivers or not although I don't think it's been broken unless NVIDIA themselves changed something in the driver. :)

GeDoSaTo also had bicubic and lanczos scaling which I found helpful and several compatibility options such as for games having issues with mouse position if you didn't use a gamepad.
(Though some titles also still have a fixed max resolution or internal resolution and a few don't scale properly and others have scaling issues with post-processing such as bloom and the like almost disappearing entirely at higher resolutions but that's pretty difficult to fix.)

Would be nice to see this sort of thing but ReShade is more about shader injection so I don't think there's any plans to expand beyond that which is already a pretty big undertaking what with the different API's supported and various compatibility issues and other workarounds and fixes that have to be implemented for some things such as what a few games, game engines or the OS itself does. :D
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by JBeckman.

• lukonja
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #8 by lukonja Replied by lukonja on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
reshade.me/forum/suggestions/4374-resolu...ick-quick-suggestion

I already suggested this, and that's why I wrote its already been discussed. So stop nagging me.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.