Presets and Shaders all in one folder.

• Coloso18
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #1 by Coloso18 Presets and Shaders all in one folder. was created by Coloso18
Hello.

As the title says, it would be nice and if it could be done, have these two in one folder.

So every game we release, this one reads its Presets and Shaders from a single folder.

This would help or improve (I guess) in:

Shaders:
  • Save space and don't have a copy for each game.
  • "Automatic" shader update for all games. (since everyone would read the same folder).

Presets:
  • Folders of the most ordered games. (In case you have several presets)
  • Avoid configuring or copying other presets. (Some presets look good in several games, this way we can load the presets we have configured for another).

Say what you think or if it works or not.

Greetings.

PS: Sorry if my English is bad, I was using a translator.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Presets and Shaders all in one folder.
Nothing stops you from doing that right now. Just set the shader search path to whatever directory you store your shaders in. Presets can be loaded from any folder as well, just enter the full path.

• Coloso18
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #3 by Coloso18 Replied by Coloso18 on topic Presets and Shaders all in one folder.

crosire wrote: Nothing stops you from doing that right now. Just set the shader search path to whatever directory you store your shaders in. Presets can be loaded from any folder as well, just enter the full path.

Would I have to do this in every game?

• crosire
More
5 years 3 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Presets and Shaders all in one folder.
Just copy over the config file.

• seri14
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #5 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Presets and Shaders all in one folder.
You can use directory junction for easy adding new preset name.
mklink /J <link-name> <target>

Example:
Add new directory junction "presets" in folder same as ReShade.dll.
Add preset name "presets\myset".
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by seri14.

• CeeJay.dk
More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic Presets and Shaders all in one folder.

crosire wrote: Nothing stops you from doing that right now. Just set the shader search path to whatever directory you store your shaders in. Presets can be loaded from any folder as well, just enter the full path.

I think he has a good point.
It would be better if the default was less messy.

I think I've argued before that we should have a Reshade folder and then Reshade\Textures and Reshade\Shaders.
This could be Reshade\Presets

Basically everything into the Reshade folder and in a subfolder that makes sense.
The only things in the game.exe directory should be what needs to be there and can't be placed elsewhere - the reshade dll

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.