Non-counter-intuitive UI moving

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by brussell Non-counter-intuitive UI moving was created by brussell
Is there any reason why one can't drag and move the UI in it's default state?
I have to detach every single tab and reattach them again into one UI before I'm able to move it.
This makes no sense intuitively.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Non-counter-intuitive UI moving
Because that is how docking is implemented in the dear imgui library right now. It doesn't support undocking all tabs at once at the moment (AFAIK).

Btw.: Non-counter-intuitive is a double negative, so I guess it is intuitive after all? =P =D
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brussell

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Non-counter-intuitive UI moving

crosire wrote: Btw.: Non-counter-intuitive is a double negative, so I guess it is intuitive after all? =P =D

Nope. This is the Suggestion section. The thread title is a wish, not a statement... :P :D

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #4 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Non-counter-intuitive UI moving
You can just do that by clicking, holding and dragging the little arrow pointing downward left to the "home" tab (it opens a dropdown menu with the tabs if you just click on it). Once you did so you can move it like in the older versions. Unless the question is about something else since it would be odd if even crosire wouldn't know about it.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Uncle Crassius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Non-counter-intuitive UI moving

Uncle Crassius wrote: You can just do that by clicking, holding and dragging the little arrow pointing downward left to the "home" tab (it opens a dropdown menu with the tabs if you just click on it). Once you did so you can move it like in the older versions. Unless the question is about something else since it would be odd if even crosire wouldn't know about it.

Thanks man! This should definitely be part of some GUI HowTo. Afaik there is only this quite old Reshade 3 thread, which doesn't cover GUI behavior and moreover has some outdated info: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/2501...-guide-for-newcomers

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.