Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games?

• brazzjazz
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1 by brazzjazz Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games? was created by brazzjazz
We have all gathered some knowledge about how ReShade works, and also doesn't work with specific games and how it can be fixed. This goes much beyond the basic game compatibility list, which can not be directly updated, and which is not equipped or even meant to contain instructions and details of any sort. So I wonder whether there would be a need for some some sort of wiki, where there is structured, in-depth information about different shaders, different games and necessary adjustments. Many wikis are not exactly user-friendly, though, requiring users to use weird markup language with lots of {{ brackets, and ===, ''' as well as an unforgiving syntax - PC Gaming Wiki, I'm looking at you...
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by brazzjazz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fu-Bama, BFG9000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marmamowl
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #2 by marmamowl Replied by marmamowl on topic Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games?
You mean something similar to framed ? It's pretty sparse, but I like that for the games it has, it lists not only Reshade compatibility but Ansel, DSR and hotsampling support, among other screenshotting niceties. It also includes setup guides for the little tools as well as a guide for just one shader (CinematicDoF). As far as I'm aware though, it seems to be closed collaboration.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by marmamowl.

• Fu-Bama
More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games?
@brazzjazz
Great idea!

• aaronth07
More
4 years 8 months ago #4 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games?
I agree with this. The compatibility list isn't updated enough, and is sometimes just wrong. Other times, all it takes is messing around with the depth buffer sources to get it working.

• crosire
More
4 years 2 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games?

• brussell
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #6 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games?

crosire wrote: There is www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/ReShade now.

Thats great!
But shouldn't you make links to it on the homepage and/or in sticky forum threads (at least in the FAQ thread), especially since the compatibility section was removed?
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by brussell.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.