Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games?

Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games? 4 weeks 1 day ago #1

We have all gathered some knowledge about how ReShade works, and also doesn't work with specific games and how it can be fixed. This goes much beyond the basic game compatibility list, which can not be directly updated, and which is not equipped or even meant to contain instructions and details of any sort. So I wonder whether there would be a need for some some sort of wiki, where there is structured, in-depth information about different shaders, different games and necessary adjustments. Many wikis are not exactly user-friendly, though, requiring users to use weird markup language with lots of {{ brackets, and ===, ''' as well as an unforgiving syntax - PC Gaming Wiki, I'm looking at you...
Xeon E3-1231 v3, MSI GTX 970 @1446/3903 MHz, 16 GB DDR3-1600
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by brazzjazz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fu-Bama

Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games? 4 weeks 18 hours ago #2

You mean something similar to framed? It's pretty sparse, but I like that for the games it has, it lists not only Reshade compatibility but Ansel, DSR and hotsampling support, among other screenshotting niceties. It also includes setup guides for the little tools as well as a guide for just one shader (CinematicDoF). As far as I'm aware though, it seems to be closed collaboration.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 18 hours ago by marmamowl.

Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games? 3 weeks 5 days ago #3

@brazzjazz
Great idea!

Should there be a wiki for ReShade and games? 3 weeks 4 days ago #4

I agree with this. The compatibility list isn't updated enough, and is sometimes just wrong. Other times, all it takes is messing around with the depth buffer sources to get it working.