Idea: Reshade Lite!

• canceralp
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by canceralp Idea: Reshade Lite! was created by canceralp
Hi,
I have been reading about the recent bans from PUBG, Arma 3 and some other games. When searched throughly, two things are their excuses:

1) Reshade itself and some Shaders have access to the depth shader.

2) The abusing of perfect perspective shader as a zoom feature.

Number 2 is already resolved as the creator of the shader limited zooming . Number 1, on the other hand can be solved by making a Reshade version without depth access, and only with limited amount of shaders.

Imagine a Reshade Lite, operating only as an AA solution + professional grade screen calibrating tool. Almost like a real time DaVinci Resolve, or Premiere Pro :) "Reshade Lite! The professional screen calibrating tool for your games!"

I know, it does not represent the freedom that Reshade originally gives to shader creators and users, but that would certainly shut the so called anti-cheat authorities' mouths.

What do you think? I'm not capable of writing such code, nor have the knowledge, but some of you geniuses out there maybe find that idea useful?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Idea: Reshade Lite!
1 is already solved: ReShade disables depth access automatically in multiplayer games.
To add to that: I am in contact with some of the anti-cheat vendors and have agreements with them to whitelist ReShade. But a game developer has the last say in the end and is of course free to block ReShade if desired. I won't contest those decisions since it's their game not mine.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by crosire.

• canceralp
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic Idea: Reshade Lite!

crosire wrote: 1 is already solved: ReShade disables depth access automatically in multiplayer games.
To add to that: I am in contact with some of the anti-cheat vendors and have agreements with them to whitelist ReShade. But a game developer has the last say in the end and is of course free to block ReShade if desired. I won't contest those decisions since it's their game not mine.

I know, but somehow I was able to re-enable it on GTA Online (even MSAA was on) by trying to learn about depth and clicking some settings randomly. I used Depth Haze for about 30 minutes. I think this may be Battleeye's concern; people may re-enable depth access in online games.

I sincerely hope you and the vendors come to an agreement, because I'm almost personally offended by the people who see/think/use Reshade as a cheat tool.

And I also hope that services like Battleeye focus on real hackers, not come after color corrections and simple effects.

• jas01
More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Idea: Reshade Lite!
While I support your idea to some point (would like to get something like this to work with MPC-HC - essentially only for qUINT's Lightroom and working 3DLUT function) it would be too much work for "nothing". You simply can't stop people from finding a way to abuse ReShade/ its functions (or any other thing for that matter). ReShade is already blocking depth-info in most online games (but apparently they have a way to avoid it now?).

• CeeJay.dk
More
4 years 5 months ago #5 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic Idea: Reshade Lite!
A lite version could have depth buffer support disabled completely, but it must also only ship with a curated collection of shader that it has whitelisted and can not be allowed to load other shaders or create new shaders.

Only then do I think some of the anti-modding game developers might be satisfied, but that is no guarantee. Some might do that just because.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, canceralp

• canceralp
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #6 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic Idea: Reshade Lite!
If the infamous BattleEye can be convinced, the rest would follow.

Plus, there is np point of banning Reshade just because of a "zooming" shader, anymore. New Nvidia drivers support Reshade fx files without Reshade. One can simply load the shader into Nvidia's Freesytle and still have "unofficial zoom feature" for any game. Reshade is just the victim here.

• crosire
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Idea: Reshade Lite!
It's not that easy:
1) You can't "zoom" with FreeStyle, because all shaders that could potentially be used for this are blocked in competitive games in FreeStyle.
2) It's not about convincing one and the rest follows. A couple of anti-cheat vendors are already convinced (including some that are much much bigger than BattlEye). Doesn't change the fact that some games don't want this, and that's their right.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: canceralp

• Horus
More
4 years 5 months ago #8 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic Idea: Reshade Lite!
In Arma 3 you can use ReShade without any problems with BattlEye but
1) you can use any version beside v4.3 because BE forgot to put v4.3 on the whitelist
2) atm you can't start Arma 3 with last reShade version v4.4.2

• canceralp
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #9 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic Idea: Reshade Lite!

Horus wrote: In Arma 3 you can use ReShade without any problems with BattlEye but
1) you can use any version beside v4.3 because BE forgot to put v4.3 on the whitelist

It doesn't change the fact that the game doesn't want you to use it and would ban you if they found out.

• Horus
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #10 by Horus Replied by Horus on topic Idea: Reshade Lite!

canceralp wrote:

Horus wrote: In Arma 3 you can use ReShade without any problems with BattlEye but

It doesn't change the fact that the game doesn't want you to use it and would ban you if they found out.

It doesn't change the fact that some ppl try to load/inject some other things (dll) paralel with ReShade ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ... problem is ppl not a ReShade or BattlEye.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Horus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: canceralp

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.