Linux Vulkan/OpenGL Version

• Toadfield
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #1 by Toadfield Linux Vulkan/OpenGL Version was created by Toadfield
It would be awesome if there would be a Native Linux version of Reshade that you can enable with a env var for Vulkan and OpenGL Applications.
I know there is vkbasalt,but it has 3 problems:
1. It only works for Vulkan Applications
2. You can't change the config while being in game
3, There isn't a cool in game gui overlay to enable all the settings

I know that you can use Reshade with Wine Games,but I also have many native Linux games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Linux Vulkan/OpenGL Version
This unlikely to happen anytime soon, since large parts of the ReShade code base are Windows specific (especially the hooking code). Only thing that could potentially be separated out would be the Vulkan layer implementation, but that is already partially covered by vkBasalt so it doesn't feel worth the effort right now.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by crosire.

• Toadfield
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #3 by Toadfield Replied by Toadfield on topic Linux Vulkan/OpenGL Version
So if I got it right,then making a new hooking code for Linux takes to long?

• Toadfield
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #4 by Toadfield Replied by Toadfield on topic Linux Vulkan/OpenGL Version
Would it be possible to translate reshade to linux system calls via wine and then use that for native linux games?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.