Gamepad Hotkeys

• ArturoBandini
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #1 by ArturoBandini Gamepad Hotkeys was created by ArturoBandini
Hi Crosire,
I already make extensive use of hotkeys to enable/disable shaders or cycle through different setups "on the fly". I usually do this with my gamepad, but I need joy2key to "transform" gamepad inputs to keyboard combos. It would be really neat and elegant (and assumeably more stable) to be able to use gamepad hotkeys directly within reshade. Do you think this might be a future option you could implement (and might it be interesting enough for other users as well)?
Cheers, Arturo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
2 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Gamepad Hotkeys
ReShade doesn't currently hook gamepad input (XInput), which would be necessary to support it as an input method in the overlay. I'm a bit hesitant towards hooking this too, since I can't predict how that would interact with other overlays trying to hook the same (e.g. Steam overlay). Would need some testing before I can decide. Also not sure if the font currently used for icons has all the necessary icons to identify gamepad buttons.
Anyway, it's certainly an option that is possible to implement. Difficult to predict how much effort it would take at the moment though and I'm still busy with some other stuff. I'll keep it in mind though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.