Connecting reshade shaders to ingame information?

• railhz
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #1 by railhz Connecting reshade shaders to ingame information? was created by railhz
I had this idea about game specific functions which can be tied to different shader properties. That would allow in game events to change shaders. Of course someone would have to provide these ingame function definitions, but this can be a downloadable feature, which the community can contribute like it's doing with shaders. The (ingame  function -> shader) pair could also be community distributable like ini shader configs. How impossible would all of this be?

Also, sorry if this idea has already been suggested, seems kinda like an obvious suggestion, but I figured I'd share it.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by railhz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
2 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Connecting reshade shaders to ingame information?
Upcoming ReShade 5 will be able to do this via add-ons.

• railhz
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #3 by railhz Replied by railhz on topic Connecting reshade shaders to ingame information?
Oh nice, I'll read up on that. Thanks.

• Tojkar
More
2 years 7 months ago #4 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Connecting reshade shaders to ingame information?

Upcoming ReShade 5 will be able to do this via add-ons.

That  sounds exiting! The version 5 has been in the making quite a long time now. Is there any ETA for the release or is it still TBD?

• crosire
More
2 years 7 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Connecting reshade shaders to ingame information?
ETA is still ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tojkar

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.