extend scope of ReShade ?

• lefuneste
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #1 by lefuneste extend scope of ReShade ? was created by lefuneste
Hello,
I did some VR mods for flight sims (DCS, IL2) using 3Dmigoto.

This library allows me to do changes on specific items: different color or sharpen settings for cockpit or “outside”,
specific HUD color or sharpen, specific MFD sharpen, hide labels/icons by cockpit frame, lower brightness of kneepad at night,…
It allows also changing VR output without any issue, because you can change any shader output in the render chain.

This was possible because this library allows modifying any shader of the game, provide frame analysis tool (dumping of shader code, input, output)
and global variables that can be used inside shader or outside for conditional branching.
So I wonder if this kind of features cloud a day be added in ReShade ?
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by lefuneste.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
2 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic extend scope of ReShade ?

• lefuneste
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #3 by lefuneste Replied by lefuneste on topic extend scope of ReShade ?
Fine ! Unfortinately the link to preliminary doc seems dead.
I'm not a real programmer , but I may help by giving use cases, try to implement them in the new Reshade version and compare results of Reshade and 3dmigoto for shader dumping and replacement. There are a lot of tricky things in my mods (copy of shader input or output onoy for specicic frames context, conditional branching and shader replacement linked to global variables, ...) I wonder if they would be possible. I also wonder if frame analysis features will allow to identify shaders...just dumping all ouptut is often not sufficient, especially with defered rendering.

• crosire
More
2 years 4 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic extend scope of ReShade ?
The API is extremly flexible, since you essentially get access to all the graphics API calls the game does, so all of that is possible. But it is low-level, so may require a fair bit of code to achieve things. The WIP docs moved to crosire.github.io/reshade-docs/index.html , some examples (including simple shader dumping) are at github.com/crosire/reshade/tree/main/examples .

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.