Replacement for "PC Master Race" Icon

• Sky
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #1 by Sky Replacement for "PC Master Race" Icon was created by Sky
It sucks that such a popular tool has such a contentious icon. Plus, it doesn't say anything about ReShade itself! What's this cartoon Fabio got to do with shaders?

So here's what I did: I went on The Noun Project and bought a royalty-free license for Zach Bogart's Blinds icon . (Attribution isn't necessary, but I figured I'd show my work.) Then, after a bit of editing in Inkscape, I came up with this. The colors are meant to evoke RGBA; it's like shaders, it rhymes.

Here's a link to the SVG source I used and some pre-exported sample icons. If you'd like to edit them, you can export 'em from Inkscape yourself—I recommend using anti-aliasing 2 for >32px and anti-aliasing 1 for ≤32px. The 'alpha' blind is set to about 50% gray and 50% opacity, but that can be changed to suit your purposes.

If you wind up using these, or an edited version, I don't need any attribution myself. Hope this helps!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
1 year 3 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Replacement for "PC Master Race" Icon

Sky post=44843 userid=22294
It sucks that such a popular tool has such a contentious icon.

Contentious? This is no contention. PC is the master race.

:)

• Sky
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #3 by Sky Replied by Sky on topic Replacement for "PC Master Race" Icon
The contention I've seen is more about the name than anything. I know it's an ironic appellation, but I have friends who flat out refuse to use ReShade because the icon sets them on edge. It's part of why I wanted to mock up a new icon—I was hoping to make this tool I like something they're comfortable using too.

• crosire
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Replacement for "PC Master Race" Icon
Wanted to replace the icon for a while now anyway, so got around to doing so now. New icon:
raw.githubusercontent.com/crosire/reshad...in/res/main_icon.svg
raw.githubusercontent.com/crosire/reshad.../main_icon_small.svg
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sky

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.