GTA V: Random GPU Core Load to 99%(100%)

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #1 by Constantine PC GTA V: Random GPU Core Load to 99%(100%) was created by Constantine PC
So, I booted up GTA V on Windows 10 today and started editing around in the Mediator. Starting getting things just the way I like them when "bam!" 18fps and stuck there until Recompiling effects. Toggling effects OFF brings back up the Frame-rate and GPU core Load to normal levels. I'm going to try manually installing the Framework files to GTA V in the mean-time to see If I can remedy the problem. But something is definitely very wrong here.

Any Ideas?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Constantine PC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic GTA V: Random GPU Core Load to 99%(100%)
Yeah, noticed something similar the other day when I tried GTA V on Windows 10. I am using an older version of Reshade on it though which I haven't updated in a long time. It worked fine on Windows 7 so it seems to me that the issue is actually something to do with Windows 10 (albeit most likely a combination of Windows 10 + GTA V + Reshade together).

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V: Random GPU Core Load to 99%(100%)
The Windows 10 graphics drivers are a little unstable as of currently from what I've heard. Give it some time.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by crosire.

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic GTA V: Random GPU Core Load to 99%(100%)
I updated my Nvidia driver to the new one just released today and the issue still exists. It's definetly related to Reshade.

Are the Nvidia drivers not getting along with Reshade for this game?

• Xanvast
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #5 by Xanvast Replied by Xanvast on topic GTA V: Random GPU Core Load to 99%(100%)
I think I am experiencing the same type of problem but on another scale. I get very low framerate with games at a very high resolution (seems to happen only over 6k - 5760x3240 not included) with reshade on Windows 10 : this didn't happen on W7.
The gpu usage is erratic and varies a lot from 0 to 100%, the performance is between 1 and 10fps. Toggling the effects off help restore some of the performance but it is still not close to not using reshade.
This doesn't happen without injection, and the latest nvidia drivers didn't change a thing. I am using a 3 way SLI.
The games I tried where the problem occur : Watch Dogs, Ryse, The Evil Within, Lords of the Fallen.
The games that work good (8k + Reshade) The Witcher 3 (the framerate is single digit until I reach the menu but then all is ok) and Alien Isolation.
It looks more like it is tied to reshade rather than to the actual terrible nvidia drivers, if so I'd hope you'll be able to help even though this is a bit of a niche problem since nobody plays on that high res.Thx in advance.
Edit : it happens with single gpu too, so it's not sli related.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Xanvast.

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #6 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic GTA V: Random GPU Core Load to 99%(100%)
I just wanted to come back to this and report that this is also happening to me in Arma 3 from time-to-time so it is definitely a issue with the Nvidia Windows 10 drivers at the moment.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V: Random GPU Core Load to 99%(100%)
It would be great if somebody with an AMD GPU could check if something similar happens to him on Windows 10.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.