GTA V Crash on Windows 10

• XCalinX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by XCalinX GTA V Crash on Windows 10 was created by XCalinX
Hey guys,
My game crashes with every sweetfx preset I install. I tried to rename reshade64.dll to d3d11.dll, it worked for about 2 days then started crashing again. It crashed out of nowhere then everytime I launch the game it crashes after the loading screen. I use Windows 10, I discovered that for Windows 7 you need to install that platform update thingy but what about other versions of Windows?
Thanks.

Oh and btw, if it matters, this is the preset I wanna use:
www.gta5-mods.com/misc/eye-candy-sweetfx-and-enb-preset-fedus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• klotim
More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic GTA V Crash on Windows 10
rename it to dxgi.dll

• XCalinX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by XCalinX Replied by XCalinX on topic GTA V Crash on Windows 10

klotim wrote: rename it to dxgi.dll

Thanks I'll try

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V Crash on Windows 10
Sounds like some other tool interfering is running: Some overlay, screen capture, streaming, game booster or similar software.

• XCalinX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #5 by XCalinX Replied by XCalinX on topic GTA V Crash on Windows 10

crosire wrote: Sounds like some other tool interfering is running: Some overlay, screen capture, streaming, game booster or similar software.

I don't run any of these... but! I tried the renaming reshade64.dll to dxgi.dll and it works so far. Hopefully it won't crash in the future :)
Well it happened. The game crashed. I renamed it to d3d11.dll and it works now, again. Hopefully it wont crash this time
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by XCalinX.