Counter Strike: Global Offensive

• fuze
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by fuze Counter Strike: Global Offensive was created by fuze
I really don't know where should I post this, here or on the suggestion topic.

Well the question (or request?) is that you enable depth buffer in CS:GO so we can have depth of field and ambient occlusion from MasterEffect. (I need these effects only on demo replaying, so no actual gameplay intended.)

There is a tool for moviemakers name HLAE, and it does have an option to show the depth buffer (ofcourse, connecting to servers with this tool would probably result in a vac ban, so we use -insecure option that disables the option to connect to vac secure servers.)

Now why I am asking for you to enable depth buffer for CS:GO is that I can't do my own ambient occlusion or for example Matso DOF with 2 different videos (depth and color). All I could do is a simple DOF which doesn't really look good. (Its more like a gaussian blur than a bokeh.)

Color

Depth

DOF (Done with After Effects, a Matso DOF would be cooler)

Now, there is a lot of effects I could do with just depth buffer, but AO and reflective bump map would also be cool :)

An effect example which can be done using only depth buffer.

Hope you consider my request.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Sorry, but this is not going to happen. Especially not for VAC games.

• fuze
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic Counter Strike: Global Offensive
There is a -insecure option which if you add in the steam launch options automatically disables VAC and doesn't allow you to join any VAC protected servers (meaning there is no way for a player to get banned). So if you could do a check if the game is launched with -insecure and then enable depth?

This guy made a tool which changes CS:GO skybox, which only works if the game is launched with "-insecure".

Error message when you try to inject it while CS:GO isn't launched with "-insecure".

• fuze
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Sorry for bumping this, but I tried unplugging my internet cable and disabling MSAA in game, but the depth buffer still remains empty (white background). I could ask the guy how he managed to get the depth buffer for CS:GO. Also I remember I made a thread about 8 months ago about GTA Vice City and CS:GO and you managed to solve the problem with Vice City, and you mentioned something about ReShade detecting two depth buffers and that it may be choosing a wrong one, but you never replied about that. :/

Old thread about GTA and CS:GO

• 1Kebab
More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by 1Kebab Replied by 1Kebab on topic Counter Strike: Global Offensive

crosire wrote: Sorry, but this is not going to happen. Especially not for VAC games.

Lmao this guy, OP even said himself that the only way to get the depth buffer working is by using hlae.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Counter Strike: Global Offensive
I'm aware of that, but ...

fuze wrote: Sorry for bumping this, but I tried unplugging my internet cable and disabling MSAA in game, but the depth buffer still remains empty (white background).

... indicates, that ReShade is unable to find the right depth buffer in this game even when no network activity is going on (and ReShade thus does not block access to it). So it does not make much of a difference, as unfortunate as that may be =).
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by crosire.

• 1Kebab
More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by 1Kebab Replied by 1Kebab on topic Counter Strike: Global Offensive
So what is stopping you?

• bleinkz
More
8 years 2 months ago #8 by bleinkz Replied by bleinkz on topic Counter Strike: Global Offensive
I'm bumping this. CS:GO is one of those games that is definitely in need of these effects (AO, proper in-game DOF, etc), as it is growing fast as f*, movie-making and gaming wise. Couldn't someone try to get in contact with the guys from HLAE and prolly combine what both programs can offer? Imagine us controlling the Z-Depth with HLAE, using DOF ingame with ReShade. That would be nutty.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.