[SOLVED] Deponia 2 fail

• shadilahham
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by shadilahham Deponia 2 fail was created by shadilahham
Deponia 2 is not working with the error in the log
Your graphics card does not seem to support OpenGL 4.3. Initialization failed.

However Deponia 1 is working perfectly!

I've tried all recent versions of the moderator/reshade/sweetFX on the exact same system, The exact same system (Win8.1 64 bit) and latest NVIDIA drivers.
Deponia 1 always works and Deponia 2 always fails. Why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadilahham
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by shadilahham Replied by shadilahham on topic Deponia 2 fail
Adding more details, I've tried Deponia 2 with:
1. ReShade Framework 1.0.0
2. ReShade 0.19.2 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Beta 8
3. ReShade 0.19.1 Public Beta

It didn't work with any of them while Deponia 1 works with all of them.
It's very strange because Deponia 2 and Deponia 1 are basically the exact same game using the same engine.

Help please ? :)

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Deponia 2 fail
What GPU you have and which driver version? Is it a multi-GPU system (like a laptop, with both an onboard Intel and a NVIDIA/AMD card)?

• shadilahham
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by shadilahham Replied by shadilahham on topic Deponia 2 fail
Yes it is!
I don't have the exact specs now coz I am not at home, but the GPU is an Nvidia gtx760m and the onboard is an Intel (don't remember the spec now).

Are you thinking that Deponia 1 is running with the GPU while Deponia 2 is running with the onboard intel one?
That would be strange since both games are practically identical, but it's possible.
I will check when I get home.

I can also get the driver versions for you later.

Any other ideas of what I could try?

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Deponia 2 fail

shadilahham wrote: Are you thinking that Deponia 1 is running with the GPU while Deponia 2 is running with the onboard intel one?
That would be strange since both games are practically identical, but it's possible.

Yes. Because most onboard Intel cards don't have support for the more recent OpenGL features (which is why you get that error). The NVIDIA control panel has an option to force the NVIDIA GPU for specific games. Try that.

• shadilahham
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #6 by shadilahham Replied by shadilahham on topic Deponia 2 fail

crosire wrote:

shadilahham wrote: Are you thinking that Deponia 1 is running with the GPU while Deponia 2 is running with the onboard intel one?

Yes. Because most onboard Intel cards don't have support for the more recent OpenGL features (which is why you get that error). The NVIDIA control panel has an option to force the NVIDIA GPU for specific games. Try that.

Yes that was the reason. Thanks!
It's kinda strange that NVidia control panel decided that Deponia 1 needs a powerful GPU while Deponia 2 can run on the onboard one, but good to know for future reference.

Now I know to better check my settings before bothering the forum, but maybe my experience will be useful for other people.

Thanks again for the quick reply and help :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.