Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Guild Wars 2 and ReShade Issue (Razer Synapse)

Guild Wars 2 and ReShade Issue [SOLVED] 1 year 2 months ago #1

I have been trying to use reshade with Guild Wars 2 but my game keeps crashing. I believe it's a reshade issue because my game runs if the reshade files are not installed. It's not a very old install of the game since I recently reinstalled it on a different hard drive. It's in the Program Files (x86) folder, the files are in the bin folder and I am using reshade32.dll as d3d9.dll. I have reinstalled several versions of visual c++ redistributable and verified that my directx is current on
Windows 10.

When opening the game (as administrator) it will say Initializing, then gives me a crash report. I use a razer naga and turned off synapse but that did not help.
Here is the d3d9 log:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

And if it'll help, the GW2 crash report:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Joekamo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Guild Wars 2 and ReShade Issue 1 year 2 months ago #2

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1390
Sounds like a typical hooking conflict. Some other software must be running, which tries to hook into the game too. Overlays, screen capture, streaming, game boosters, etc. for instance.
Cheers, crosire =)

Guild Wars 2 and ReShade Issue 1 year 2 months ago #3

So it was Razer Synapse that was causing the issue. Not sure what happened the first time I turned synapse off but after your reply I did it again and my game loaded up. Thank you for that.

I looked into it further and found a post on razer forums talking about crashing issues with multiple games using sweetfx. It was found that ending the "RazerIngameEngine.exe" process in task manager will allow you to run a sweetfx game alongside synapse. Tried it and it does work.

Guild Wars 2 and ReShade Issue 1 year 2 months ago #4

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1390
Cheers =)
Cheers, crosire =)