ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON Enhanced Edition

• Nekrik
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #1 by Nekrik ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON Enhanced Edition was created by Nekrik
As i already in the in the compatibility thread the game is working fine with Reshade in general but with no Depth Buffer Access. I am posting the trace log Crosire for maybe it is possible to figure it out, though i think maybe Reshade grabbing the wrong depth candidate. Also the game does not seem to use Hardware MSAA only some Post Processing type.
Tracelog: pastebin.com/sXdGhbF2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON Enhanced Edition
Judging from the log the game never creates a candidate ReShade sees fitting for its detection algorithm. The only one it finds is the default one, which thus is the one used.
ReShades depth-detection algorithm isn't perfect yet, there's still field for improvement: it fails to grab a depthbuffer in a good amount of titles because of that (see the compatibility list). Afterall it's an highly complex piece to accomplish as there is no standard way of using depth and basically every game does it different.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nekrik

• Nekrik
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #3 by Nekrik Replied by Nekrik on topic ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON Enhanced Edition
Ok! thanks for helping.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.