[SOLVED] Payday 2 crash after intro cinematic

• silverbullet1989
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #1 by silverbullet1989 Payday 2 crash after intro cinematic was created by silverbullet1989
Anyone tried to get it working? SweetFX works just fine, but seeing the difference ReShade has made on DayZ i was dying to try it on Payday 2, sadly it wont load past the intro cinematic....

From the d3d9 log:
Warning: Spoiler!

Appears to just shut the game down?
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by crosire. Reason: Added spoiler around log

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Payday 2 crash after intro cinematic
First I'd suggest updating to 0.13.0. There were some changes to the D3D9 hooks and renderer between 0.12.0 and 0.13.0. While that probably won't solve the silent crash issue here, it's still worth trying. =)
Then the usual question: Any overlays, game boosters or similar software running that could interfer with ReShade?
The following user(s) said Thank You: silverbullet1989

• silverbullet1989
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #3 by silverbullet1989 Replied by silverbullet1989 on topic Payday 2 crash after intro cinematic
Hi crosire, thanks for replying to me.

Ive update to the latest version, ive tried with both steam overlay enabled / disabled, and both a modded and un-modded version of Payday 2. The only difference this time round is that it crashes... or closes to desktop... before reaching the intro cinematic.

Here is the log again if its of any use, seems to be the same as the previous version

And no i dont have any other similar software / overlays running. Its a damn shame about this... payday 2 is a fun game but its not exactly the best looking game around, it needs all the help it can get =)
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by silverbullet1989.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Payday 2 crash after intro cinematic
I was able to reproduce the crash in the Payday 2 Steam demo. Will look into it, thanks for reporting! =)
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by crosire.

• silverbullet1989
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #5 by silverbullet1989 Replied by silverbullet1989 on topic Payday 2 crash after intro cinematic
:) Ah great, least i know it isn't just at my end (or more likely me doing something wrong)

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Payday 2 crash after intro cinematic
Found the bug. Affects other D3D9 titles too, fixed in the next version (0.13.2). =)
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by crosire.

• silverbullet1989
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #7 by silverbullet1989 Replied by silverbullet1989 on topic Payday 2 crash after intro cinematic
I just tried it with the new version. I was able to get to the main menu, but starting a heist would cause it to close down.

I had to cut it off there as

IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexShader(08ABABB8, 02490938, 02320450)' ...
24/01/2015 10:57:31,387 | INFO | Redirecting

Repeats a whooooole lot of times before the usual uninstalling, exiting, exited.
But hey, its progress at least lol

EDIT: For some reason launching the safe house causes that... but playing the normal heists seems to work fine? i'll do a bit more testing...

EDIT 2: Yeah, it seems to be working when it feels like it. Some times it closes the game down when launching any heist, some times before the intro cinematic, sometimes it crashes the engine. Again, could be just me..... i'll keep messing around with it and see what happens.

EDIT 3: It works with the most basic effects. Bloom + tone mapping seem to be the most stable... anything else pretty much causes it to close down at the initial loading screen. But hey it works at least lol Thanks crosire, appreciate the work you are doing =)
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by silverbullet1989.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.