Guild Wars 2 and WIndows 10 error

• Mitsukake
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by Mitsukake Guild Wars 2 and WIndows 10 error was created by Mitsukake
I recently upgraded to windows 10 and did a full wipe.I have had ReShade fully functional when i was using Windows 7 before the upgrade. When i try to launch Guildwars 2 using Reshade unlocker the following error happens.

Gw2.exe - Bad Image
\bin\d3d9.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Error status 0xc000012f

I would obtain the crash logs but have no idea how.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Guild Wars 2 and WIndows 10 error
Can't give support when the unlocker is used. It should work fine without. If not, make sure you installed the DirectX 9 runtime (Windows 10 is missing some components of it by default).

• Mitsukake
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #3 by Mitsukake Replied by Mitsukake on topic Guild Wars 2 and WIndows 10 error
this is the correct link for it? www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

still gives the same error, regardless is so. Did remove unlocker before and after install as well , was the same. I'm not too great with software.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Mitsukake.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Guild Wars 2 and WIndows 10 error
Are you using the latest version from this site?

• Mitsukake
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #5 by Mitsukake Replied by Mitsukake on topic Guild Wars 2 and WIndows 10 error
that i am.

Basically I was following a guide for ReShade posted by a GuildWars 2 community member. Hence the unlocker. www.youtube.com/user/WoodenPotatoes/search?query=Reshade

Even doing the standard ReShade way as instructed and the 'mixed bag' still gives the error.

is this any help?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Mitsukake.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.