[SOLVED] Dragon Age Inquisition startup crash on Windows 10

• Banane
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1 by Banane Dragon Age Inquisition startup crash ? was created by Banane
Hello guys !

I've been playing DA:i with ReShade for sometime and it is the first time i have a problem !
Until last week, i was running on W7 and had no problem but i just upgraded to W10 (i formatted so i lost everything and had to reinstall all) and since then i seem to be getting a startup crash when i try to use ReShade :(
When i was still on W7 i used the mediator to install Reshade and then found a preset i liked on Nexus i manually added the needed files to my game's folder and everything was good to go. But i tried the same procedure but got a crash. I also tried to manually install everything but still got the crash...

Tonight i tried to figure what could cause this and i found out that when i remove the ReShade folder (not the .dll, juste the folder named ''ReShade'') from the game directory, the game load but i get this message (of course).
s1.postimg.org/d7ejbotz3/Untitled.png

I'm really lost here... i'm not sure what to do and it is quite frustrating :/

Has anyone had to deal with something similar ? Am i a lost cause LOL ?

(Also, all my Gforce drivers and up-to-date and i'm running on DirectX 12. If you need more info juste ask !)

EDIT : Ok, i just got a bit farther haha ! Now i can load the game with the ReShade folder in, but it says ''No effects found'' .......
I think it has something to do with the ReShade.fx file ? When it's not in the folder, the game load with Reshade but the preset is'nt working (no effects found) ... when the ReShade.fx file is there the game crash. And i tried many ReShade.fx from different sources (nexus, ReShade web site, etc) and it always crash...
Here is what is does when i dont put the .fx file (or just name it differently like, for exemple : d3d9.fx )
postimg.org/image/wtnfbl8hf/
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Banane. Reason: New informations !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dragon Age Inquisition startup crash ?
Sounds like you are missing the right D3DCompiler binaries on your fresh Windows 10 installation. Install the DirectX end-user runtime: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details...laylanguage=en&id=35 , which adds a few missing components.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Banane

• Banane
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by Banane Replied by Banane on topic Dragon Age Inquisition startup crash ?
Awww thank you ! Everything seems to be working fine now :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.