Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problem in Witcher 3 update (1.10)

Problem in Witcher 3 update (1.10) 1 year 7 months ago #1

Since the latest 1.10 patch for Witcher 3, Reshade no longer works, or to be more precise, the game won't run at all if the Reshade dxgi.dll is present.
It looks like Witcher 3 now has its own d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll and trying to overwtrite the dxgi.dll breaks the game.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problem in Witcher 3 update (1.10) 1 year 7 months ago #2

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1521
dubya75 wrote:
It looks like Witcher 3 now has its own d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll and trying to overwtrite the dxgi.dll breaks the game.
These are from GOG Galaxy's in-game overlay. Remove them both, use ReShade instead and it should work fine.
Cheers, crosire =)

Problem in Witcher 3 update (1.10) 1 year 7 months ago #3

crosire wrote:
dubya75 wrote:
These are from GOG Galaxy's in-game overlay. Remove them both, use ReShade instead and it should work fine.

Tried this and it doesn't work. I even tried disabling the GOG overlay in the GOG settings and still no luck. It simple wont get past the loading screen without the vanilla dxgi.dll file installed.

EDIT: leaving both files in situ and changing the reshade.dll to the direct x9 version (d3d9.dll) has worked for me. Tested only for 2 minutes but I can get in game which I couldn't before.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by danwillysxi.