Problem in Witcher 3 update (1.10)

• dubya75
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by dubya75 Problem in Witcher 3 update (1.10) was created by dubya75
Since the latest 1.10 patch for Witcher 3, Reshade no longer works, or to be more precise, the game won't run at all if the Reshade dxgi.dll is present.
It looks like Witcher 3 now has its own d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll and trying to overwtrite the dxgi.dll breaks the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Problem in Witcher 3 update (1.10)

dubya75 wrote: It looks like Witcher 3 now has its own d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll and trying to overwtrite the dxgi.dll breaks the game.

These are from GOG Galaxy's in-game overlay. Remove them both, use ReShade instead and it should work fine.

• danwillysxi
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #3 by danwillysxi Replied by danwillysxi on topic Problem in Witcher 3 update (1.10)

crosire wrote:

dubya75 wrote: It looks like Witcher 3 now has its own d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll and trying to overwtrite the dxgi.dll breaks the game.

These are from GOG Galaxy's in-game overlay. Remove them both, use ReShade instead and it should work fine.

Tried this and it doesn't work. I even tried disabling the GOG overlay in the GOG settings and still no luck. It simple wont get past the loading screen without the vanilla dxgi.dll file installed.

EDIT: leaving both files in situ and changing the reshade.dll to the direct x9 version (d3d9.dll) has worked for me. Tested only for 2 minutes but I can get in game which I couldn't before.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by danwillysxi.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.