Screenshot freeze-crashes

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by MonarchX Screenshot freeze-crashes was created by MonarchX
I think 1 out of every 4 attempts to take a screenshot (with PrtScn button) in games that use ReShade, I end up with a severe black-screen freeze, from which it is impossible to get out without restarting my PC. Neither Ctrl+Alt+Delete nor Ctrl+Shift+Tab work.

How do I fix this?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by MonarchX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Screenshot freeze-crashes
Other overlays/injectors running?

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #3 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Screenshot freeze-crashes
It happens with and without ENB running. Steam, GOG - Galaxy, and Origin overlays are turned off completely. I usually use Dither (type 1), LumaSharpen, FXAA, Adaptive Sharpen, and TuningPalette shaders.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by MonarchX.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Screenshot freeze-crashes
Strange. Because this is the first time I heard about this. Are you running the latest drivers?

• SunBroDave
More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Screenshot freeze-crashes
It's not as severe as having to restart my pc, but I am experiencing game crashes when taking screenshots, causing me to have alt-tab out and kill the process before relaunching the game. I had to basically hold off taking any screenshots from the Witcher expansion because of this.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #6 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Screenshot freeze-crashes
Always and always use Display Driver Uninstaller + Clean Install.

• Vendayn
More
8 years 5 months ago #7 by Vendayn Replied by Vendayn on topic Screenshot freeze-crashes
I found a workaround.

Since I use GOG Witcher 3, and Steam overlay doesn't work for me in non-steam games...can't take screenshots through that.

However, FRAPs screenshots works just fine (just using free FRAPs). Keeps the reshade look (not default game appearance), no CTD at all when taking screenshots. And it doesn't interfere with Reshade at all.

Well, with that said...I'm just using sweetfx 1.5? I think it is on the site. Not the sweetfx/reshade hybrid. Preset I use doesn't use reshade. So the hybrid I dunno how that would work or not, but sweetfx itself works fine with me and FRAPs.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #8 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Screenshot freeze-crashes
I can use FRAPS too, but I cannot use PrtScn button, which is easier. Besides, running FRAPS or RivaTuner Statistics Server, along with ReShade, is on its own a recipe for crashing.

• GrinderMan
More
8 years 4 months ago #9 by GrinderMan Replied by GrinderMan on topic Screenshot freeze-crashes
did anyone ever figure this out? I've tried multiple different drivers and it still crashes my entire computer when taking a screenshot on specific games (most noticeably in the witcher 3). it also doesn't take a screenshot 50% of the time (the game will freeze for a second like it usually does when hitting print screen but it doesn't actually save a screenshot). the issue definitely wasn't there before I installed windows 10 but I'm not sure if it's actually related or not.

• Astrix_au
More
7 years 11 months ago #10 by Astrix_au Replied by Astrix_au on topic Screenshot freeze-crashes
IL-2 BOS Crashes whenever I try and save a screenshot with the print button. I used to be able to take screenshots with FlightFX but it no longer works with the latest IL-2 BOS version.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.