[SOLVED] Racer - free car simulator game (support problem)

• sti228
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1 by sti228 Racer - free car simulator game (support problem) was created by sti228
Hi everyone. I'm new member in this forum :) I try to use ReShade for free car simulator game called - Racer . This game use OpenGL for rendering. So i rename ReShade32.dll to opengl32.dll and it works for game but i have problem (error messages) when i try to use more effects (more than 10).

In this case it's 12 and i get this

If i mark some of other effects i get this

Any way to solve this problems ?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sti228.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Racer - free car simulator game (support problem)
The first red error messages are from ReShade, they indicate that your OpenGL driver does not support more than 32 texture samplers, but the shader currently tries to use more. Disable a few effects to reduce the amount (especially heavy effects tend to use a lot of samplers, like ambient occlusion) for it to work.

The second is an info message by the game and not related to ReShade. It probably means your framerate took a hit and this caused the game's physics timestep to go down.

• sti228
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #3 by sti228 Replied by sti228 on topic Racer - free car simulator game (support problem)

crosire wrote: The first red error messages are from ReShade, they indicate that your OpenGL driver does not support more than 32 texture samplers, but the shader currently tries to use more. Disable a few effects to reduce the amount (especially heavy effects tend to use a lot of samplers, like ambient occlusion) for it to work.

The second is an info message by the game and not related to ReShade. It probably means your framerate took a hit and this caused the game's physics timestep to go down.

Thanks for answer :) Well this mean i can't use 14-15 effects at same time ? No way not to get this red errors ? Looks like this problem comes from game because in other racing games i use 12 effects (and more) at same time. Maybe it's because that other games use DX9/11 instance of openGL ?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by sti228.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Racer - free car simulator game (support problem)

sti228 wrote: Well this mean i can't use 14-15 effects at same time ? No way not to get this red errors ? Looks like this problem comes from game because in other racing games i use 12 effects (and more) at same time. Maybe it's because that other games use DX9/11 instance of openGL ?

As said, it's a limitation of your OpenGL driver and thus only applies to OpenGL. It does not affect Direct3D games.

• acknowledge
More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by acknowledge Replied by acknowledge on topic Racer - free car simulator game (support problem)
Does any OpenGL driver not suffering from this kind of texture samplers limitation? I upgrade my videocard from GTX660 to 970 recently, and I still can't use too many framework effects(those mostly come from GemFX). Even DX8 titles don't have this limitation.

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Racer - free car simulator game (support problem)

acknowledge wrote: Does any OpenGL driver not suffering from this kind of texture samplers limitation? I upgrade my videocard from GTX660 to 970 recently, and I still can't use too many framework effects(those mostly come from GemFX). Even DX8 titles don't have this limitation.

Maybe, maybe not. This is entirely implementation dependent. But 32 is a common value among modern OpenGL drivers. There is nothing you can do about it unfortunately. ReShade already analyzes the shaders and disables all samplers that are not used on a pass-by-pass base.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.