FFXIV DoF issue when game is downsampled.

• sirius89
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by sirius89 FFXIV DoF issue when game is downsampled. was created by sirius89
Hey guys.

I'm having a problem with ReShade's depth of field in FFXIV when i downsample the game. Basically what happens is oftentimes as soon as a start moving the depth of field in the distance just turns itself off and then on again and then off again (it happens more in certain areas, like cities for example). Worse, sometimes even if i just stand somewhere and look in the distance it does the same, on off on off on off and it just won't stop. Is there any option in ReShade i'm missing that i need to turn on? The thing i don't get is, the depth of field works flawlessly when i run then game on my native monitor resolution (1080p). Sad thing is the game doesn't have hardware AA so you are kind of forced to downsample to get rid of all the jaggies.

I'm using the " GP65CJ042" Depth of Field option but the same problem occurs with all the other Depth of Field options such as Magic/Ring/Matso DoF. Manual Focus on or off doesn't matter. Just don't know what to do anymore. Even a fresh install of ReShade without any tweaks didn't help. It's happening for 3-4 days now and i'm pretty damn sure it didn't happen before except when looked straight into the sky which was no problem since you don't play a game by looking into the sky the whole time. Any help is appreciated.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by sirius89.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FFXIV DoF issue when game is downsampled.
ReShade's depth buffer detection algorithm fails to find the correct buffer at times and switches it off, causing the DOF effect to not work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.