Need some directions with Reshade and DMC

• Lightster
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by Lightster Need some directions with Reshade and DMC was created by Lightster
Hi guys.

I've been trying to make this work but just couldn't. All I want is to run different presets in DMC: Devil May Cry. And this is what I did and failed.

1) Downloaded Reshade from www.reshade.me . It came with the mediator and SweetFX and other stuff I don't what they are.

2) Downloaded 3 different Presets to test:
  1. sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3575/
  2. sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1296/
  3. sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/147/

3) I opened mediator.exe and added DMC.

Now is when I get lost, because every tutorial I found had different files, like SweetFX_settings which where nowhere to be found in the DMC Reshade folder. The most similar thing I found was a file called SweetFX. So what I did is copy/pasted the content of the presets into the SweetFX config file. But when I did this when I start the game there is an error saying it failed to compile the effects.

I wasn't able either to figure out the add presets from the mediator. It just added a default one which made the game look different but not like the presets I wanted to test.

Is there a step by step for noobies using windows 10? and this game specifically? I've been trying to figure out this for like 3 hours, I don't know what else to do.

Thanks beforehand
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Lightster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Need some directions with Reshade and DMC
Tutorials usually cover only a certain version of Reshade and those may differ drastically, this program is in continuous evolution. LuciferHawx has created a tool for porting old presets to the latest version of the Framework which you can find here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.