Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need some directions with Reshade and DMC

Need some directions with Reshade and DMC 1 year 1 month ago #1

Hi guys.

I've been trying to make this work but just couldn't. All I want is to run different presets in DMC: Devil May Cry. And this is what I did and failed.

1) Downloaded Reshade from www.reshade.me . It came with the mediator and SweetFX and other stuff I don't what they are.

2) Downloaded 3 different Presets to test:
  1. sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3575/
  2. sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1296/
  3. sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/147/

3) I opened mediator.exe and added DMC.

Now is when I get lost, because every tutorial I found had different files, like SweetFX_settings which where nowhere to be found in the DMC Reshade folder. The most similar thing I found was a file called SweetFX. So what I did is copy/pasted the content of the presets into the SweetFX config file. But when I did this when I start the game there is an error saying it failed to compile the effects.

I wasn't able either to figure out the add presets from the mediator. It just added a default one which made the game look different but not like the presets I wanted to test.

Is there a step by step for noobies using windows 10? and this game specifically? I've been trying to figure out this for like 3 hours, I don't know what else to do.

Thanks beforehand
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Lightster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need some directions with Reshade and DMC 1 year 1 month ago #2

Tutorials usually cover only a certain version of Reshade and those may differ drastically, this program is in continuous evolution. LuciferHawx has created a tool for porting old presets to the latest version of the Framework which you can find here
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa