[solved] Mediator issues with Win10?

• LasseB
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by LasseB [solved] Mediator issues with Win10? was created by LasseB
Every time I try to run the Mediator while on Win10, it crashes ("Mediator has stopped working") just after having created a profile when setting up a new game on a "fresh unzip" of the whole ReShade 1.0 package. Also, it crashes immediately on startup when it seemingly loads a profile I carried over from Win8.1. Needless to say the Mediator works without a hitch on Win8.1.

Any ideas on what's up with this? Anything I can do to fix it or help tracking down the cause for the crashes?

Btw, here's the log file entry from Windows:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: BEX
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Mediator.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 55c8a895
P4: StackHash_9788
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: PCH_7A_FROM_wpfgfx_v0400+0x0005F8CA
P8: c0000005
P9: 00000008
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Mediator.exe_34a3558f60c65f857af3baf813f12f7bd069f557_c0bfcdf6_152a48d8

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 0c02da43-450f-4db5-a07e-79934c9f9108
Report Status: 100
Hashed bucket:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by LasseB. Reason: found the issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Mediator issues with Win10?
We are planning to release the new ReShade version together with mediator updates very shortly and I would ask you to wait until then and if possible give another feedback at that time :) I too have an alternative w10 installation, so I am sure we can find the cause for that problem in case it still comes up.

• LasseB
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #3 by LasseB Replied by LasseB on topic Mediator issues with Win10?
The new mediator still crashes for me, right after it says "Application preset files have been created" in the status section.

PS:
I'm getting two error messages in Windows Logs, one saying "Exception code: 0xc0000409" and the other saying "Exception code: 0xc0000005". While the latter indicates that mediator.exe tried accessing a portion of the RAM that it's not supposed to, the former indicates a buffer overflow. When I went looking whether or not mediator.exe was trying to access something I haven't (yet) installed, Process Monitor showed lots of buffer overflow entries near the end of the log.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by LasseB.

• LasseB
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by LasseB Replied by LasseB on topic Mediator issues with Win10?
Bumping with an update, in case someone else has run into similar problems:

Turned out that the cause for the Mediator.exe crashes was RivaTuner Statistics Server. After I made a profile in RTSS for the mediator.exe and set "Application detection level" to "None" everything works decently again.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.