ReShade crashes Unreal Engine 4.10 Temple demo

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by aufkrawall ReShade crashes Unreal Engine 4.10 Temple demo was created by aufkrawall
Hello crosire,
the demo can be downloaded via Epic Games Launcher and a package of the Temple demo can easily be created with the editor (for UE 4.10).
Unfortunately, the packaged demo always crashes when trying to inject ReShade 1.1 (Windows 10 x64).
I think you are probably already aware of the issue with UE4 in general? If not, I can of course repack the demo and provide logs/debug logs of ReShade.

Btw: ReShade can be injected with external injector and it gets active (creates a log), but unfortunately it seems to get stuck at some point and doesn't fully activate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade crashes Unreal Engine 4.10 Temple demo
Strange, I did check with latest Unreal Tournament and it works fine there: reshade.me/forum/releases/1381-1-1?start=24#10417

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic ReShade crashes Unreal Engine 4.10 Temple demo
Ok, then I will repack it (already deleted it) and provide you with some logs. It seemed to be totally reproducible.

Btw:
Is there some slight chance something can be done regarding the crappy Origin overlay? :)
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/1036-or...it-incompatible#8226

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic ReShade crashes Unreal Engine 4.10 Temple demo
Ok, found the culprit. There seems to be an incompatibility when I use the following settings in GamerUserSettings.ini:

[/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]
bUseVSync=False
WindowPosX=-1
WindowPosY=-1
bUseDesktopResolutionForFullscreen=True
FullscreenMode=0
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=0
Version=5

When I start it without these arguments (so that it starts in windowed mode in low resolution), it doesn't crash.
Here are log and tracelog files:
www57.zippyshare.com/v/KibCBflw/file.html

Edit: Uploaded the demo here:
www41.zippyshare.com/v/Wr5aysV8/file.html
Simply running SunTemple.exe should trigger the problem.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by aufkrawall.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade crashes Unreal Engine 4.10 Temple demo
Checked the demo on two different computers and was able to run it with ReShade on both (with an unchanged GameUserSettings.ini, which matches the one you posted). Game starts up, ReShade applies, Game switches into fullscreen, ReShade applies again and I can start looking around, no crashes involved. Are you sure there isn't some other software interfering somehow?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire.

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #6 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic ReShade crashes Unreal Engine 4.10 Temple demo
Yes, I killed every process possible (so there definitely shouldn't be any other hooks active) and it still crashes the same way.
It also doesn't make a difference if I choose 1080p or 1440p as a desktop resolution.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade crashes Unreal Engine 4.10 Temple demo
Unfortunately the logs are a bit useless, because they were overwritten as soon as the CrashReporter started, which is rendered with Direct3D too. Could you try to delete/rename the CrashReporter executable and run it again for log creation?

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #8 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic ReShade crashes Unreal Engine 4.10 Temple demo
Will try that once I am home.

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #9 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic ReShade crashes Unreal Engine 4.10 Temple demo

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade crashes Unreal Engine 4.10 Temple demo
Doesn't crash at a know culprit point. So I can't really say much about it unfortunately.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.