Guild Wars 2 - not launching

• Zulu
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1 by Zulu Guild Wars 2 - not launching was created by Zulu
Hello,
First off everything was working fine.

System: Windows 10
RAM: 32GB
Graphic: Radeon HD8970M

Reshade was working fine before the big Windows 10 update in December. I have attempted to update direct x and also the drivers for the graphic card still no joy.

Log:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Zulu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zulu
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #2 by Zulu Replied by Zulu on topic Guild Wars 2 - not launching
If anyone can help this would be greatly appreciated : ) thank you in advance

• floppybanana
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3 by floppybanana Replied by floppybanana on topic Guild Wars 2 - not launching
Same game and same errors. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and my dxdiag says I'm using DirectX 12. From what I've seen online, we may be missing a component from an older version of DirectX. I've attempted to install those components using DirectX Runtime ReShade recommended in their README. It didn't resolve my issue but maybe it might for you. It also might be an issue with our graphics card drivers. I've been able to start the game up on integrated graphics but with horrible framerates:

Files used: ReShade Framework 1.1.0; MasterEffect ReBorn 1.1.287 public
OS: Windows 10 Home, version 1511, build 10586.71, 64-bit
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, version 10.18.13.6175
Attempts to fix:
1. Updated DirectX runtime.
2. Updated graphics card through the manufacturer. Updated through Device Manager after initial failure. Updated through NVIDIA after second failure.
3. Reinstalled ReShade using the installer. Reinstalled manually after initial failure. Both variations attempted on the main game directory as well as the bin directory.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by floppybanana.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.