Prospekt (Half-Life 2 Addon) released 18/02/16

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by Mike Gous Prospekt (Half-Life 2 Addon) released 18/02/16 was created by Mike Gous
(1) The game can only be started with its shortcut which reads as follows:
C:\Games\Prospekt\hl2.exe -game prospekt
(2) It will not start with "hl2.exe".
(3) I cannot get SweetFx to work with the shortcut.
(4) If we can get the game to open with "hl2.exe', SweetFx should work.
(5) Any input will be appreciated. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Prospekt (Half-Life 2 Addon) released 18/02/16
Find the path to the executable in task manager and attach ReShade to that.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic Prospekt (Half-Life 2 Addon) released 18/02/16
(1) The path to the executable (hl2.exe) is in C:\Games\Prospekt.
(2) I have installed ReShade into that file using Mediator 1.0.0.
(3) I tried d3d8.dll, d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll and opengl32.dll with the executable (hl2.exe) - No luck.
(4) The game works only with the shortcut (C:\Games\Prospekt\hl2.exe -game prospekt) which lies on the desktop.
(5) I copied the shortcut to C:\Games\Prospekt and told the Mediator this time that the shortcut is the file to be used - Again no luck.
(6) I then tried a manual install of ReShade 0.19.2 - Still no luck.
(7) The big problem is that the game can only be started with its shortcut. At the end of the shortcut "-game prospekt" must appear or it will not start.
(8] The game was made so it will not start with the main executive file. In other games we always put the game excutive in the Mediator. But here it will not work.
(9) The trick is to get the Mediator to read the shortcut as an executive file. :)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Mike Gous.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Prospekt (Half-Life 2 Addon) released 18/02/16
As far as I know there is a bin folder somewhere in there for Source games. Put ReShade in there.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 1 month ago #5 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic Prospekt (Half-Life 2 Addon) released 18/02/16
(1) Bin files appear as follows:
(a) under the main file Prospekt.
(b) under Prospekt\Prospekt
(c) under Propect\Sourcetest

(2) There are many folders called "Resource".
(3) This game is really a puzzle and I do not think I am clever enough to sort it out.
(4) However, thank you for your input.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Mike Gous.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #6 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic Prospekt (Half-Life 2 Addon) released 18/02/16
(1) I think some of the older guys here would have played Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Half-Life2 Episode1 as well as Episode 2.
(2) Many years after Episode 2 Richard Seabrook made Prospekt, a Half-Life 2 addon which was released on 18/02/16.
(3) I hope that some of you guys will get this game in the near future and then we can figure out how to get it to run with Reshade.
(4) The game does not run on the executve file "hl2.exe" which is in the main file.
(5) It installs a shortcut to the desktop that reads on my PC "C:\Games\Prospekt\hl2.exe -game prospekt". The game will only run with that configuration.
(6) It is useless to use hl2.exe in any Reshade configuration. Using the shortcut to enable Reshade will also not help. Manual installation also not.
(7) So I appeal to all the Half-Life fans out there lets see if we can sort this puzzle out.
(8] If I do not get any feedback I will know that I am the last Half-Life fan left. :) ;)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Mike Gous.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.