[SOLVED] TS4 64bit + depth buffer

• amoebae
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by amoebae TS4 64bit + depth buffer was created by amoebae
The Sims 4 recently released a 64bit version, and the depth buffer isn't accessible in it. Prior to that, I'd been able to get depth buffer access using ReShade+Framework 1.0+ and the game's 32bit exe.

I've tried going back to the 32bit exe, but now I can only get ReShade to work using the 64bit dll with it - which seems very odd to me but there you go. And as expected, no depth buffer.

(And just for shizz and giggles I tried the 32bit dll with the 64bit exe, with predictable results.)

I don't have the skills to troubleshoot this myself, so wondered if anyone had any ideas, or if I should just give it up as a bad job?

(Someone told me some 64bit games have had depth buffer problems in the past. I haven't hit any problems in other games myself, but I guess this could just be that?)

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• amoebae
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic TS4 64bit + depth buffer
It's suddenly working.

Depth buffer wasn't working with 1.1.0, with 64bit or 32bit exe and either dll.

I tried 1.0.0 - that I knew was working with the 32bit exe before the patch, but that didn't work either.

In the process, notepad++ accidentally updated or didn't update a couple of the cfg files I had open while I was testing.

Even though I'd reinstalled 1.1.0 (with no depth buffer access), notepad++ - when asking to reload the files because they'd changed - somehow used a different one (I could tell because everything looked weird).

So I pasted in the 1.1.0 files as they should be, back to the bin folder, and boom - AO and DoF.

These are the exact same files I was using earlier when the depth buffer wouldn't work.

Anyway, problem solved for now. Somehow. Wish I could say how.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.