Flight Simulator X API.dll crash

• CaptKornDog1
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by CaptKornDog1 Flight Simulator X API.dll crash was created by CaptKornDog1
Hello all, desperately need some help on this one.

I'm currently using Flight Simulator X (Service Pack 2, the original, non-Steam Edition) with DirectX 10. I've had FSX/DX10 working very stable while using ReShade 1.1.0/SweetFX 2.0.7 using the d3d9.dll module. However, an expansion I'm using requires the dxgi.dll module. So, I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling various versions of ReShade/SweetFX with ReShade32.dll/dxgi.dll manually and automatically. However, while installing dxgi.dll instead of d3d9.dll, everything loads and looks fine, but I get an instant CTD (API.dll - which comes in the base Flight Simulator X directory) when clicking "show desktop" on the task bar on Windows 7 (or pushing Window+D). Clicking minimize on the FSX top window bar seems to work fine. I'm only able to induce the CTD when clicking "show desktop."

This is a real head-scratcher for me, so any help would be most appreciated. I'm certainly not an expert with ReShade/SweetFX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.