Question about depthbuffer

• Kleio420
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by Kleio420 Question about depthbuffer was created by Kleio420
What would cause reshade to think msaa is being applied to a games depth buffer (unity game) but the game devs have said its not using any form of msaa on anything , and is there anything i could do on my end to figure out a way around it or rule out some possible issues causing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Question about depthbuffer

Kleio420 wrote: What would cause reshade to think msaa is being applied to a games depth buffer

Does it say so in the log file?

• Kleio420
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Question about depthbuffer

crosire wrote:

Kleio420 wrote: What would cause reshade to think msaa is being applied to a games depth buffer

Does it say so in the log file?

yea log file says so , but the game dev says its not being used which is whats confusing to me

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Question about depthbuffer
If the log file says so, then it's enabled. Even if the game developers didn't do that intentionally. Unity enables 2x MSAA by default on quality level "Beautful" and higher, you have to disable it explicitly (see docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-QualitySettings.html ).
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleio420

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.