ReShade 2.0.1.f4 Issues (96% solved by 2.0.2f1)

• FierySwordswoman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #1 by FierySwordswoman ReShade 2.0.1.f4 Issues (96% solved by 2.0.2f1) was created by FierySwordswoman
All of these games worked flawlessly in Reshade 1.1.0 and it's Mediator.
[strike]
The logs are from 2.0.1f1, but the exact same effects for each happened with f2, f3, and f4, so they've a 92% chance to still be completely valid.[/strike]

Star Wars Battlefront 2: [strike]Crash.[/strike] Fixed as of 2.0.2f1.
[strike]-Uses 32-bit d3d9.dll Other games use 32-bit dx9 as well, and they work fine.
-Crashes on launch.
-GPU Control Panel settings make no difference (Anisotropic 8x, FXAA On)
Heres the d3d9.log:[/strike]
Warning: Spoiler!

Minecraft: [strike]Crash.[/strike] Fixed as of 2.0.2f1.
[strike]-Uses 64-bit opengl32.dll (only game)
-Crashes on launch.
-GPU Control Panel settings make no difference (Anisotropic 8x, FXAA On)
Heres the opengl32.log: [/strike]

Warcraft III: Doesn't Load Profile. -Almost completely solved as of 2.0.2f1.
-Uses 32-bit d3d8.dll (only game)
-Loads fine, but gives "Preprocessor warning: Could not find application profile, switching to default" Profile set up no different from working ones.
-Has 2 exe files used interchangably depending on what maps are to be played. Nirvana.exe, Frozen Throne.exe. This goes 3 ways:
1) Setting the profile to Nirvana.exe allows it to load the profile, but for only Nirvana (they're in the same folder).
2) Setting the profile to Frozen Throne.exe allows neither of them to load the profile.
3) Setting 2 different profiles, one for each, doesn't fix the issue.
-GPU Control Panel settings make no difference (Anisotropic 8x, FXAA On, MSAA 2x)
-EDIT: This is probably because 'Frozen Throne.exe' has a space in it. I cannot change it to 'FrozenThrone.exe' because that'll break my CD Key bound to it. Adding quote marks around the file path for the ProfilePath variable in the Profile.cfg does nothing.
2.0.2f1: Everything works fine, but the same "Preprocessor warning: Could not find application profile, switching to default" error still appears despite shaders being applied. Using method 3 listed above (setting two separate profiles for the different exe files).
Heres the d3d8.log for Frozen Throne.exe profile, launching Frozen Throne.exe:

-I am willing to perform 'test' suggestions. I will update this thread with the results.
-I've not double-checked, but I'm 90% sure none of the games (working or not) have any compatibility settings in place.
-Games that work just as fine in 2.0.1 as 1.1.0:
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Dolphin Emulator: 64-bit dxgi.dll (actually works better)
Battlefield 4: 64-bit dxgi.dll
Grand Theft Auto V: 64-bit dxgi.dll
Crypt of the NecroDancer: 32-bit d3d9.dll
Hyrule: Total War 32-bit d3d9.dll

-Untested:
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

System Specs:

It seems as though this has kinda turned into a 'here's all of MY problems' thread, but that's okay. I guess. Maybe some light will shine through the chaos?

[strike]Here's my copy of 1.1.0.[/strike]
[strike]It'll be up as long as these 2.0 issues are present or I am asked to take it down by someone of authority.[/strike]
These issues are no longer present or game-breaking; therefore the link has been removed.
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by FierySwordswoman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luluco250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tidias
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by Tidias Replied by Tidias on topic ReShade 2.0.1f1: Troubleshooting (Multiple Games)
Getting a similar crash on skyforge ( or least what looks like it) as what you have with Star Wars Battlefront 2.

• MonarchX
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #3 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic ReShade 2.0.1f1: Troubleshooting (Multiple Games)
Grim Fandango - Remastered crashes on startup with ReShade 2.00 and 2.01f1, but worked fine with ReShade 1.1.0 using either 1.1.0 DLL files or 1.2.0 (non-related Beta) DLL files.

Grim Fandango - Remastered - OpenGL32 ReShade 2.01f1 Log (Game Crashes):

Grim Fandango - Remastered - OpenGL32 ReShade 1.1.0 (with either 1.1.0 or 1.2.0 DLL files) Log (Game Works):
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by MonarchX.

• AtraMors
More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by AtraMors Replied by AtraMors on topic ReShade 2.0.1f1: Troubleshooting (Multiple Games)
Steam Overlay didn't working in Witcher 3 with 2.0.1f1

• Goose
More
8 years 1 month ago #5 by Goose Replied by Goose on topic ReShade 2.0.1f1: Troubleshooting (Multiple Games)
MSI Afterburner/ RTSS can no longer read FPS, project any stats as an OSD, nor take screenshots. :S

• Goose
More
8 years 1 month ago #6 by Goose Replied by Goose on topic ReShade 2.0.1f1: Troubleshooting (Multiple Games)
And then it turns out RTSS wants "Custom D3D support" turned off, as of the 1f2 release, if not 1f1 … :whistle:

• FierySwordswoman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #7 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic ReShade 2.0.1f1: Troubleshooting (Multiple Games)

Goose wrote: MSI Afterburner/ RTSS can no longer read FPS, project any stats as an OSD, nor take screenshots. :S

.... Are you using MSI Afterburner 420? That's my version, and it works fine. No issues. MSI-A has only ever not worked on one particular game in my time, but because it's "that game" I'd be more surprised if it DID work.

EDIT: Also, you can edit posts; as in, don't double-up.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by FierySwordswoman.

• luluco250
More
8 years 1 month ago #8 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic ReShade 2.0.1f4 Troubleshooting (Multiple Games)
Man just when I decided to upgrade my preset in Minecraft.

Shouldn't have deleted the ReShade folder.

• FierySwordswoman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #9 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic ReShade 2.0.1f4 Troubleshooting (Multiple Games)

luluco250 wrote: Man just when I decided to upgrade my preset in Minecraft.

Shouldn't have deleted the ReShade folder.

[strike]Here's 1.1.0.[/strike]
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by FierySwordswoman.

• crosire
More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 2.0.1f4 Troubleshooting (Multiple Games)
At least the Grim Fandango and Minecraft crash should be fixed in the next update.
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by crosire.

• FierySwordswoman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #11 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic ReShade 2.0.1f4 Troubleshooting (Multiple Games)

crosire wrote: At least the Grim Fandango and Minecraft crash should be fixed in the next update.

Cool! I'll be sure to try it out and report back when the time comes (for the games in the OP).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.