Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] The Division - black screen upon launch

The Division - black screen upon launch 9 months 1 day ago #1

• MonarchX
  • Thank you received: 15
The game launches fine in either FullScreen or Windowed FullSreen modes without ReShade 2.01f1, but as soon as try to load it with ReShade, I get a black screen and all I can do is ALT+F4 out of the game. ReShade won't work wither FullScreen or Windowed FullScreen modes 90% of the time. SOMETIMES, it somehow gets through and works, but rarely. I tried different sets of drivers, but that did not resolve the issue. I also disconnected all displays but one, since some say current NVidia drivers have problems with multi-display systems.

LOG for ReShade64.dll renamed to DXGI.dll from ReShade 2.01f1 Framework:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 9 months 1 day ago by MonarchX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Division - black screen upon launch 9 months 22 hours ago #2

• JBeckman
  • Thank you received: 36
You could try a different name for ReShade64.dll, I'm using dxgi.dll and haven't had any problems with the game (borderless display mode.) but d3d11.dll might work better for you. :)
(Or even d3d9.dll, if the game references the .dll ReShade should be able to load by any number of names, not sure if there's a best practice but for DirectX I assume d3dX.dll - x being 7,8,9,10 or 11 - or dxgi.dll works best.)

The Division - black screen upon launch 8 months 4 weeks ago #3

• MonarchX
  • Thank you received: 15
The 2.01f2 fixed the issue for me! I think it had something to do with TuningPalette, but now its working fine! Thanks Crosire - you're the best!