Performance loss over time - Elite Dangerous

• rootsrat
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by rootsrat Performance loss over time - Elite Dangerous was created by rootsrat
First post here, so hello everyone.

I have created a ReShade preset for Elite Dangerous and each game session after a while the game performance drops. The drop is ALWAYS during the hyperspace jump, which effectively is a loading screen.

The lowest FPS I get is always around 70 (usually more though!). After entering the hyperspace (which is camouflaged loading screen), there is always a kind of single stutter or a even a short (0.5 - 1 second) pause when my FPS drops to about 30, then the sequence (loading) resumes with normal FPS. However after a few of those hyperspace jumps the FPS doesn't go back up to normal values after the short pause, but instead stays around 50 and when I exit the hyperspace (the new star system loads up), the game performance is degraded, FPS stays around 50 and the game kind of micro-stutters. I have had exactly same issue with a different preset that have used a lot more effects than mine and with that one my FPS would drop to 30 instead of 50 and then the following micro-stutter was very evident, the game almost played in slow motion kind of a thing. The only solution is to restart the game.

My system specs:
Warning: Spoiler!

My preset uses the following shaders from SweetFX suite: Levels, Liftgammagain, Tonemap, Vibrance, Curves, Vignette, Lumasharpen and SMAA, and also GemFX Bloom. All values are within boundaries of Mediator sliders. I'm using the latest version of ReShade, as per 15/03.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rootsrat
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by rootsrat Replied by rootsrat on topic Performance loss over time - Elite Dangerous
Sorry to bump, can anyone help please? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.