Performance loss over time - Elite Dangerous

• rootsrat
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by rootsrat Performance loss over time - Elite Dangerous was created by rootsrat
First post here, so hello everyone.

I have created a ReShade preset for Elite Dangerous and each game session after a while the game performance drops. The drop is ALWAYS during the hyperspace jump, which effectively is a loading screen.

The lowest FPS I get is always around 70 (usually more though!). After entering the hyperspace (which is camouflaged loading screen), there is always a kind of single stutter or a even a short (0.5 - 1 second) pause when my FPS drops to about 30, then the sequence (loading) resumes with normal FPS. However after a few of those hyperspace jumps the FPS doesn't go back up to normal values after the short pause, but instead stays around 50 and when I exit the hyperspace (the new star system loads up), the game performance is degraded, FPS stays around 50 and the game kind of micro-stutters. I have had exactly same issue with a different preset that have used a lot more effects than mine and with that one my FPS would drop to 30 instead of 50 and then the following micro-stutter was very evident, the game almost played in slow motion kind of a thing. The only solution is to restart the game.

My system specs:
Warning: Spoiler!

My preset uses the following shaders from SweetFX suite: Levels, Liftgammagain, Tonemap, Vibrance, Curves, Vignette, Lumasharpen and SMAA, and also GemFX Bloom. All values are within boundaries of Mediator sliders. I'm using the latest version of ReShade, as per 15/03.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rootsrat
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by rootsrat Replied by rootsrat on topic Performance loss over time - Elite Dangerous
Sorry to bump, can anyone help please? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.