Dying Light - GOG verison - no go...

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by MonarchX Dying Light - GOG verison - no go... was created by MonarchX
Dying Light - Enhanced Edition GOG version will not load with ReShade64.dll. The GOG version already contains DXGI.dll and D3D11.dll. I tried renaming those original files, and renaming ReShade64.dll into DXGI.dll or D3D11.dll or leaving it as ReShade64.dll, but the game just won't load... Any ideas how to fix this? its obviously a GOG version problem...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dying Light - GOG verison - no go...
Those DLLs come from GOG Galaxy's in-game overlay. Should be safe to remove them both and use ReShade instead. Unless I misunderstood you and you already renamed/removed them both at the same time?
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by crosire.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #3 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Dying Light - GOG verison - no go...

crosire wrote: Those DLLs come from GOG Galaxy's in-game overlay. Should be safe to remove them both and use ReShade instead. Unless I misunderstood you and you already renamed/removed them both at the same time?

I deleted them both, but the game still will not work with ReShade 2.0. It works fine with ReShade 1.1.0 (and 1.2.0 DLL files) after the native DXGI.dll and D3D11.dll files were removed. I should post the LOG file...

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Dying Light - GOG verison - no go...
Not sure where my other post/thread went (maybe deleted?), but in it I stated the now the Steam versions of the game works perfectly with the latest ReShade 2.0.1f4, BUT the GOG version does not. Both Dying Light - EE GOG Version and Grim Dawn GOG version do not work with ReShade 2.0.1f4, but work perfectly fine with ReShade 1.1.0 (1.1.0 or 1.2.0 DLL files). Should I post the LOG file or is this a known issue now?

I've removed as many GOG Overlay-related files from both Dying Light - EE and Grim Dawn GOG versions directories as it let me. Since ReShade 1.1.0 works, then its not the game's problem, but ReShade 2.0.1f4's problem the way I see it.

Crosire - will we get a fix for this? Please respond.

• Qsimil
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Qsimil Replied by Qsimil on topic Dying Light - GOG verison - no go...
Same issue with Reshade 3.0 :( guess we stuck with reshade 1.1.0 / 1.2.0 forever?

• Uncle Crassius
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #6 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Dying Light - GOG verison - no go...
What if you download it directly from your Gog account instead of relying on Gog Galaxy?
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Uncle Crassius.

• Qsimil
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Qsimil Replied by Qsimil on topic Dying Light - GOG verison - no go...
Thanks for tip Uncle, but i actually not used GOG galaxy at all.
Guess i'm gonna buy Dying Light on Steam when spring sale starts :-)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.