DA Inquisition Effects Not Showing In Game

• ruddyowls
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #1 by ruddyowls DA Inquisition Effects Not Showing In Game was created by ruddyowls
Hey guys. So after working through a week's worth of miscellaneous issues with a new computer build, I think my problem-solving skills are about shot. Maybe someone can help? I'm trying to use Reshade 1.1.0 with SweetFX 2.0 in Dragon Age: Inquisition, and while the game loads just fine and the "effects compiled successfully" message displays, the effects don't actually show up in-game (Well, if I squint really hard the image looks a tiny bit sharper and the text has some jagged spikes - but virtually no difference, despite hefty lumasharpen, hdr, et cetera effects enabled.)

I've used this exact same preset before with no problems on another computer. The only difference is that was on Windows 7, and this is on Windows 10. For what it's worth, here's the log generated last time I ran the game:

Warning: Spoiler!

Any idea what the problem might be? Is it something to do with Windows 10 specifically? Am I missing something simple? My DirectX Runtime is updated (previously, the game was crashing; one of those "issues" I've been working through) and I've tried running the game as administrator. I'm aware of issues with other overlays; I disabled Origin In-Game already. Additionally, I checked the settings file, and it said it "might have been blocked" because it came from another computer, but I unblocked it.
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by ruddyowls.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DA Inquisition Effects Not Showing In Game
If it says compilation succeeded, then it's being applied. Enable some drastic effect like ASCII for verification.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruddyowls

• ruddyowls
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #3 by ruddyowls Replied by ruddyowls on topic DA Inquisition Effects Not Showing In Game
So I enabled ASCII as suggested just to see if maybe it'd show up and....nothing happened. Everything recompiled successfully, but no difference in the game. Screenshots for comparison:

Warning: Spoiler!

Though obviously the difference is so negligible the screenshots could be reversed and I wouldn't even know.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.