[SOLVED] S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)

• bearbearbear
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #1 by bearbearbear S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0) was created by bearbearbear
Starting a new playthrough on Call of Chernobyl so I decided to use the 2.0 version of Reshade for it.
There seems to be one minor issue so far however. Whenever I enable Ganossa's LENSDIRT shader, I get this error back:

D:\My Documents\Modding\Reshade\ReShade/Shaders/Ganossa/Bloom.fx(54, 21): error X3011: value must be a literal expression

It seems to be only this shader that's causing the compilation to fail. Is there a simple fix I might be missing or is this something bigger?
Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
Nothing wrong on your part. There seems to be a bug in the ReShade FX compiler, which causes constant expressions to fail compilation. I'll look into it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bearbearbear

• bearbearbear
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #3 by bearbearbear Replied by bearbearbear on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
Thank you! Hopefully it's not too big of an issue to fix for you.
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by bearbearbear. Reason: spelling error

• Alexander_B
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Alexander_B Replied by Alexander_B on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
I received this error not only with Bloom.fx, but with Ganossa/AmbientLight.fx too.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
I've seen multiple reports of this now, but I'm not able to reproduce it. Could somebody please share a config with which this happens?
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by crosire.

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #6 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
I still don't get any errors with it.

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
If it helps, i am on Windows 10 x64. Also, perhaps some of the people here should test my upload and see if it generates the error for them. With which game did you try it, Crosire?

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
One Direct3D 9 and one Direct3D 11 game. But all that should not matter. This is an error from the ReShade FX compiler which is independent of OS and API.

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #10 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
I understand. I asked because I have used this file with Borderlands 2 and it was ok, then with Trine 3 and I got this error. I was thinking that, perhaps, it was something particular to a certain game. Like Thief is.

• lowenz
More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #11 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
Don't play CoP in D3D11. You got the tesselation, right, but the levels use D3D8 light positions and values (see campfire lights). It's a known bug. Or find a fix for that (manually fix the values).
The best option is to play with D3D10 rendering path (and maxed out).
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by lowenz.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
Finally managed to reproduce the error. Will look into it.
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by crosire.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #13 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
Fixed in the next update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bearbearbear

• Maegirom
More
8 years 3 days ago #14 by Maegirom Replied by Maegirom on topic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP/CoC shader error (Reshade 2.0)
I have found this issue in Ganossa UIMask. I'm trying to mask UI in fallout 4 after applying DOF and I receive this error.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.