[SOLVED] CEMU Emulator (Screen Flipped Vertically)

• 8 Oversoul
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #1 by 8 Oversoul CEMU Emulator (Screen Flipped Vertically) was created by 8 Oversoul
CEMU is a Wii U emulator. It uses OpenGL32 x64 dll. However, when you start the application without any effects you can tell ReShade is upside down. When you turn on any effect, the actual game you are playing flips upside down. I know it's not the fault of ReShade but I was curious if there was any way to fix that? Thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by 8 Oversoul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 days ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic CEMU Emulator (Screen Flipped Vertically)
You can add this to the bottom of the ReShade.fx file for a quick'n'dirty fix:
float4 PS_FlipBackBuffer(float4 vpos : SV_Position, float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD) : SV_Target
{
    return tex2D(BackBuffer, float2(texcoord.x, 1.0 - texcoord.y));
}
technique FlipBackBuffer < enabled = true; >
{
	pass ColorBackup
	{
		VertexShader = ReShade::VS_PostProcess;
		PixelShader = PS_FlipBackBuffer;
	}
}

• 8 Oversoul
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #3 by 8 Oversoul Replied by 8 Oversoul on topic CEMU Emulator (Screen Flipped Vertically)
Thank you!

EDIT: I couldn't get that to work for some reason. I tried on latest ReShade version and legacy. Anyhow, I left a bug report thread for the CEMU devs to tell them the issue, hopefully they fix it in an update one day. It's pretty odd cause even without ReShade if you take a "Steam screenshot" while playing the image is flipped vertically, even though the game isn't. ReShade just flips the game in real-time. I'm sure other things like ENB would do it as well.
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by 8 Oversoul.

• 8 Oversoul
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by 8 Oversoul Replied by 8 Oversoul on topic CEMU Emulator (Screen Flipped Vertically)
Here is what the developer of CEMU said, I don't know if that's the right way of going about it. Steam screenshots are upside down also, but the overlay isn't...

This is not a bug in CEMU. We use a very recently added OpenGL feature called 'ARB_clip_control' which will result in upside-down images if this feature is not taken into account by third-party tools. Report the bug to the developer of the overlay.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.