[SOLVED] How would I install ReShade for Half Life 2?

• dre
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by dre How would I install ReShade for Half Life 2? was created by dre
There's no .dll to replace, and I've already installed it for one game. I've checked in the bin/ and everywhere else.
How do I install it?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GERgta
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by GERgta Replied by GERgta on topic How would I install ReShade for Half Life 2?
You don't need to replace anything. Just place the reshade32.dll in the bin folder and rename it to d3d9.dll. Unless you are running in dx8 mode for some reason, in that case rename it to d3d8.dll. Also note that depthbuffers only work when the flashlight is activated.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by GERgta.

• kgonepostl
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic How would I install ReShade for Half Life 2?

dre wrote: There's no .dll to replace, and I've already installed it for one game. I've checked in the bin/ and everywhere else.
How do I install it?
Thanks

I made a small video showing you step by step how to install and setup. This forum doesn't let me link to youtube, so you'll have to fix the .com on the url I provide here:

https://www.youtube.c o m/watch?v=HRmnpmTKG3s

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.